Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Drone insurance

Sparky786

Join
Sep 8, 2017
Hey people, hope everyone is well.
Ok does anyone know a good insurance company? To insure drones, apart from dji refresh.
Thanks

What country?
Keep in mind we have people from all over the planet here, so helps to be specific.

Zurich insurance, 3 Mio € coverage within the EU. 1 Mio € coverage is mandatory by the law in Germany for the Spark (In Germany, you are not permitted to fly a drone w/o liability insurance, just like you wouldn't be permitted to drive a car).

Maybe not offered to UK customers though.

Last edited:
Refresh care seems the same as the 2yrs warranty i have with the drone, i want an insurance who can give me lost or stolen claim.
Why do you think an insurance is cheaper than to just buy another one? If the insurance company is earning money on this (and they will!), you won't!

Insurance always only makes sense if a loss would ruin you otherwise. Certainly not the case for a 500$ item ...

Note: manufacturer-provided insurance still can make sense. As they can replace at cost of production and may want to give an additional buying incentive. But third-party insurance for anything but health, life, housing or liability is utter nonsense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparky786
Why do you think an insurance is cheaper than to just buy another one? If the insurance company is earning money on this (and they will!), you won't!

Insurance always only makes sense if a loss would ruin you otherwise. Certainly not the case for a 500$ item ...

Note: manufacturer-provided insurance still can make sense. As they can replace at cost of production and may want to give an additional buying incentive. But third-party insurance for anything but health, life, housing or liability is utter nonsense.
Thanks does make sense, wanted to insure it for loss or stolen as im new at flying drone,if i lost it instead paying £500 i get replaced one, i found one insurance for £7.99 and you can cancel anytime,but stil confued if i should or not.

Refresh care seems the same as the 2yrs warranty i have with the drone, i want an insurance who can give me lost or stolen claim.
Ermmm... not really. Refresh replaces your drone if lost or damaged during normal use, even by pilot error. The warranty doesn't cover that.

hello folks newbie here, about the dji care refresh, im intereste in purchasing, when i starting to fill up the forms online i cannot purchase it because im in the Carribbean? need help guys? is there any alternatives to purchase that care refresh, im just a newbie you see..

hello folks newbie here, about the dji care refresh, im intereste in purchasing, when i starting to fill up the forms online i cannot purchase it because im in the Carribbean? need help guys? is there any alternatives to purchase that care refresh, im just a newbie you see..
I assume it's not because the 48 hours has elapsed from activation? (You only get two days to decide whether you want to purchase the cover or not).
If it isn't that then I guess DJI deem it too cost prohibitive to services the product into and out of the Carribbean.
Your only other option would be a stand alone UAV insurance policy (but again not sure if there is anything readily available to you with that geographic coverage.)
Failing that it is always worthwhile talking to your household insurance company as many will cover the aircraft for theft (but not crashes).
Finally, have a search for nearby RC model clubs or associations who maybe able to offer you discounted insurance if you become a member.

Reactions: newbie-horeb
thanks editor, then i sent an email if they can help out in registering dji care refresh. this is what they emailed me:

Sarah
(Support)

9月21日 23:08 CST

Dear newbiehoreb

Thank you for contacting DJI Online Sales.

We appreciate your interest in our DJI Care Refresh. Please know that DJI Care Refresh is currently available to customers from the U.S., Canada, EU countries, the UK, Australia, Hong Kong and Mainland China.

Your understanding on this matter is highly appreciated.
If you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Regards,
Sarah
DJI Customer Support.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit