Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Drone Life Discussion

ReMark8

Join
Jan 15, 2018
Greetings everyone. I am a new spark pilot. I've been taking it slow for a couple of months now. I've just dropped the beginner mode. What a wonderful hobby! I plan to make videos for my family and fun. There are so many things that don't seem to get discussed:
1.) I got it. I've watched hours if You Tube videos, read the manual and will continue to practice and read.
2.) Photography and videography- Well the spark seems pretty simple and just right for a hobbyist. It's just a touch more than point and shoot. I am fine with that.
3.) Have you noticed? There's usually another camera or two or three being used to film the filmer. There may also be sound equipment and microphones in the mix. I have no idea how this all fits together.
4.) And last but not least, there is what seems to be called "post production" which includes editing footage, adding music and audio at appropriate points. This seems to include software skills and packages I know nothing of.

Where does all this knowledge and skill get discussed and explained?

Regards,

I learned a lot from watching Jeven Dovey on Youtube. He’s a vlogger that takes you through DJI drones from beginner stage to tools you need for videoing including how to do cinematic videos. Not the only source but I found his to be very beneficial.

It really depends on what you are trying to "present". For me I've learned through watching other videos and analyzing what I like and don't like about the videos as well as watching videos on how to make interesting videos. IMO, the key to a good video is post-production editing and background music... When you watch videos think about what it is that made that video really good. I've shot video in the same place a professional videographer/photographer shot. The same natural rocky outcropping. While we basically shot from the same angle/view, his was better. What I realized it was the editing.

Greetings everyone. I am a new spark pilot. I've been taking it slow for a couple of months now. I've just dropped the beginner mode. What a wonderful hobby! I plan to make videos for my family and fun. There are so many things that don't seem to get discussed:
1.) I got it. I've watched hours if You Tube videos, read the manual and will continue to practice and read.
2.) Photography and videography- Well the spark seems pretty simple and just right for a hobbyist. It's just a touch more than point and shoot. I am fine with that.
3.) Have you noticed? There's usually another camera or two or three being used to film the filmer. There may also be sound equipment and microphones in the mix. I have no idea how this all fits together.
4.) And last but not least, there is what seems to be called "post production" which includes editing footage, adding music and audio at appropriate points. This seems to include software skills and packages I know nothing of.

Where does all this knowledge and skill get discussed and explained?

Regards,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme