Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

"Drone tilted, place it on a flat surface before taking off" - while flying?!

lemieszek

Join
Oct 24, 2019
Hi all,

I was flying a Litchi mission today and during the flight I got the message in the title. I'm not sure of the wording because it came and went and I didn't get a screenshot, but it was more or less what it said there. I took off from a flat-ish surface (asphalt road) and the drone flew just fine. The first time I closed the message and it didn't come back again. The second time it kept reappearing so I hit RTH and came home.

The drone seems to be flying just fine, level, can move in every direction ok, even in sports mode. But I'm worried about what that message might mean. I went into IMU calibration and it was pretty level, but I redid it anyway.

Anyone else had something similar?

Thanks!

Edit: FWIW the exact message is "Drone is tilted. Please keep the drone stationary and level before flight."

Last edited:
Hi all,

I was flying a Litchi mission today and during the flight I got the message in the title.<>

Anyone else had something similar?

Thanks!
I've had Litchi tell me that the drone was tilted, but not the second half of the message.

I've assumed that the messages came up when the Spark was having to tilt itself more than a certain amount to hold position into the wind; that have been on windy days rather than still ones, IIRC.

Nik

Reactions: lemieszek
I've had Litchi tell me that the drone was tilted, but not the second half of the message.

I've assumed that the messages came up when the Spark was having to tilt itself more than a certain amount to hold position into the wind; that have been on windy days rather than still ones, IIRC.

Nik
It was not particularly windy, at least af ground level, but I guess that's a possibility. It happened on fast parts of the mission.

I guess it's prudent to ground the bird if I see this again...

Thanks!

Seen something on similar lines pop up when trying to take off from a tilted surface. Never seen it mid flight. High winds do make the drone tilt beyond normal to hold position but then we get something like - "High winds. Fly with caution."

Reactions: Spark 317
So the other day I did 7 batteries worth of Litchi flights and got the message several times during flights. I ignored it every time and it did the missions successfully. Log shows no abnormalities at all.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers