Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Drones banned from Leicester UK parks

They don’t ban commercial drones, it could be very profitable to allow commercial operations & banning recreational fliers. It will free the lower sky so the Amazon Delivery Drone flights will be uninhibited.

And how exactly do the cretins at Leicestershire council think they possess the authority and powers to override CAP393?

They are powerless to stop flights over the parks since they have no legal powers to enact regarding airspace. The most they can do (as can anybody) is to stop take off and landings from their land.

Reactions: IanSR
And how exactly do the cretins at Leicestershire council think they possess the authority and powers to override CAP393?

They are powerless to stop flights over the parks since they have no legal powers to enact regarding airspace. The most they can do (as can anybody) is to stop take off and landings from their land.

I think the takeoff and landing are a pretty crucial part to being able to fly your drone :)

So idiot is going to ruin it for everyone...

On the news today, was a drone sighting at a major airport in the UK. This delayed many flights of people trying to get home for the holidays. It was spotted on multiple occasions and kept the airport shut down. I love flying my drone, but also am a passenger on several flights and don't want my life in the hands of some idiot.

How can this be dealt with so drones are not banned?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

If we do hand takeoff and landing, are we technically using the land for launch and landing?

If we do hand takeoff and landing, are we technically using the land for launch and landing?

Only if you jump in the air at the same time.:D

Just kidding.

You are the "launch pad" that is on park property so NO.

Welcome to the Forum, Njc235.:cool:

Reactions: NazoINK
Only if you jump in the air at the same time.:D

Just kidding.

You are the "launch pad" that is on park property so NO.

Welcome to the Forum, Njc235.:cool:
Wrong - CAP393 would consider this as take off from the property.

Please ensure you are familiar with a particular countries regulations before giving out erroneous advice which others may rely on. The OP was referring to UK regulations which are different to the US.

UK UAS rules are based on The Air Navigation Order which is law (not regulation or rule like the US) and has been passed by an act of Parliament.

Wrong - CAP393 would consider this as take off from the property.

Please ensure you are familiar with a particular countries regulations before giving out erroneous advice which others may rely on. The OP was referring to UK regulations which are different to the US.

UK UAS rules are based on The Air Navigation Order which is law (not regulation or rule like the US) and has been passed by an act of Parliament.

Did you read the part that I said, "Just kidding" and saying "NO" to a human launch pad on the property.

Yeah, it wasn't serious advice just poking some fun, hence the laughing emoji.

Thanks for keeping everyone on thier toes.

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe