Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A low view of DJI fliers

Koala Tails

Join
May 14, 2018
I believe everyone who reads this will be aware that world wide, the aviation authorities are looking at radio controlled aircraft, & thinking about how to further regulate recreational pilots. What has surprised me is that RC plane & FPV quad pilots think of us! “DJI flyers are not real pilots, have no flying skills, & should be banned” some say. Don’t take my word for it, watch the video link. You will see my comment below the video.
We don’t want to argue with these people, we need educate them. We are another branch of RC hobbyists. I plan to by a RC plane, join a club, then (if they allow me) show the members of the club, what great pics I can get of their planes in action from a perspective that only a camera-quad can get.
I encourage everyone here to try a similar course of action. You don’t have to join a RC plane club, that is something I wanted to do anyway. But you could... see a RC plane in a park somewhere & wait for it to land, then start a conversation with the pilot, ask permission to take pics of his plane in action & can you meet at another time when you will have your camera gear. If questioned about the safety of a plane flying near a “drone”, simply suggest that your spark be put in a high fixed position & then the plane can be flown into view of the spark’s camera. (I would use prop guards as an extra precaution). The next flight you might agree on a different arrangement.
Fly safe.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers