Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Dronie failed on new firmware, my spark fly away n crash (with video link)

Hendra

Join
Jul 16, 2017
I updated to latest firmware yesterday 01.00.0500 on my Samsung S6E.
After I updated I tried new feature in Dronie quick shot set up to 15 mtr. I fly using WiFi since I don't plan to fly too far that day, just to practice my flying skill.

Herewith the video link DJI Spark Combo Kabur Dalam Dronie Mode (Indonesia) with English Sub
Pls turn on cc on YouTube to see subtitle.

Pls let me know what I did wrong on this flight.

Appreciate your advise before similar incident happen again.

Thank you.

I haven't tried Dronie yet, although I am on latest FW/SW. May be it's an error in the English subtitles, but you note that one has to pull the stick the OPPOSITE direction of the flight...and then you say that would be UPWARD direction....? Wouldn't it be DOWNWARD direction to bring it back towards you? Are you flying with the sticks in MODE 2?
Hope you get an answer that must have been a real panic to have it keep flying away.

Hi Phillip, My Spark was flying backward as you can see the camera moving further away from me, so to do fly opposite direction I need to pull the right stick UP. I used default configuration which is Mode 2.

Yeah, it is just not working at all with new firmware, same here. downgraded to firmware 300 for the spark and dronie etc works PERFECT. totally strange why they cannot fix it even if stated in the changelog.

It would be appreciated if someone would post in this thread when this issue is resolved and in what FW on what device type (Apple vs Android).
Thanks!

I have android. Upgraded my phone, remote and the spark. Having no issues. I find my range and stability is better and it feels solid. Also flies faster.

It would be appreciated if someone would post in this thread when this issue is resolved and in what FW on what device type (Apple vs Android).
Thanks!
Like i said, the issue is resolved in the old FW 300. Everything works perfectly, there are several reports all over the internet telling the same. You can easily downgrade with Assitant to the 300 Firmware and be happy with the quickshots and no connection problems at all. Android AND iOS.

I don;t want to roll back to OLD FW, I want to know when they have resolved the issue going forward and preserving the new features for which one updates. Thanks.

Reactions: VIRACO
Sadly they just ****** up the newer firmwares .... I really hope they will release a full fixed firmware soon.

Didn't
Like i said, the issue is resolved in the old FW 300. Everything works perfectly, there are several reports all over the internet telling the same. You can easily downgrade with Assitant to the 300 Firmware and be happy with the quickshots and no connection problems at all. Android AND iOS.

did'nt 400 work? did you try that at all??

yeah tried 400. Dronie did not work on 400. 400 WAS the update which introduced the issue with quickshots in first place. Thats when i did the rollback to 300. Then 500 was released, i tesed it -> issues still there -> rollback to 300 solved it.
Very unprofessional of DJI to be honest.

I almost updated my fw 2 days ago during my mini weekend trip. Lucky I didnt! I viewed your video and indeed it looks like it was not responding at all and just continuously went further.
Hopefully DJI solves this fw issue soon as I am on 300 and no problem at all. Ok I dont have the control on the distance and angle of the quickshot but well it is better than a flyaway drone of 600€!

*out of topic, stickernya keren beli dimana, saya oktober ini ke indonesia :)

yeah tried 400. Dronie did not work on 400. 400 WAS the update which introduced the issue with quickshots in first place. Thats when i did the rollback to 300. Then 500 was released, i tesed it -> issues still there -> rollback to 300 solved it.
Very unprofessional of DJI to be honest.

does 300 have the distance setting for Dronnie and the others? I went back to 300 and tried to press on the drone icon and the distances did not come up...so i have no idea how far it is suppose to go...

This is fixed in upcoming firmware.. if the craft has damage please contact support and it will be covered.

Just so you all understand, the dronie is 100% automated mode. When doing this procedure it will fly to the set distance when you start the command and then automatically return when completed.

LoL, n
This is fixed in upcoming firmware.. if the craft has damage please contact support and it will be covered.

Just so you all understand, the dronie is 100% automated mode. When doing this procedure it will fly to the set distance when you start the command and then automatically return when completed.

LoL
Not now it doesn't.....

I set it to 10 meters and it keeps going...and going and going and no altitude, but i did just get told by DJI this morning that the new firmware is coming this week, just hope it's soon! good weather here in Wisconsin!

Just confirmed with DJI new Firmware is coming this week to correct dronnie
hi, i just up graded last week to the .500 version of the spark software and i was told when on .400 to wait till the new one cause my Dronnie did not gain any altitude or even stop just keep going, well the 500 is doing the same thing

Copy of My chat Session below....

Okay, actually our R and D department is already working on this issue about dronnie, the latest update will be released within this week Michael
08:11

Last edited:
Reactions: Kong
Just confirmed with DJI new Firmware is coming this week to correct dronnie
hi, i just up graded last week to the .500 version of the spark software and i was told when on .400 to wait till the new one cause my Dronnie did not gain any altitude or even stop just keep going, well the 500 is doing the same thing

Okay, actually our R and D department is already working on this issue about dronnie, the latest update will be released within this week Michael
08:11

Who is this? OUR R&D? Please pm me your info...

it was a copy of the Chat we received today..Please re read my message, i said i confirmed with DJI...it was a copy of a chat session with DJI
Oh, missed that..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast