Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Durning Firmware update Controller not working

David S

Join
Aug 13, 2017
Hello all i'm another newbe to the drone world. My new spark was flying just fine and I was having great fun with it. Then I decided that I needed to do the firmware update before they shut me down. I was using the DJI Go 4 app with my ipad and was able to download the new firmware fine. Then when I was up uploading to the controller the update failed. So I tried to restart the upgrade but could not connect to the controller as it no longer puts out a wifi signal. Now when I power on the controller after the battery lights blink and come on all I get is a blinking red led. Has any one else have this problem? If so how do I fix it.

Maybe you need to relink your RC (controller) to your Spark as per manual page 38 or DJI Support channel on Youtube

Thanks for the suggestions. I did try to link the controller to the aircraft both by using the DJI Go $ App and manual with out success. It seems the controller is locked as I cant find a Wi-Fi signal from the controller and as stated earlier after start up the controller LED displays a quick 2 blink it never is solid RED.
I think I may have to return it to DJI.:(

So after 1 series of double short red blink then that link LED is totally off?
If so and no wifi, sounds like as you said, it cannot boot properly, return to DJI looks as the only option.
As desperate trial, you can leave it on until it shut-off on its own, recharge it and recheck. Sorry really desperate trial.
Maybe somebody would know if there is a way to somehow reset the RC as it is for the Phantom3 RC.

I did let the battery go dead then recharged. Still same issue.
I now have a RMA# for the return to DJI. Just waiting for the UPS packing label. Should ship off tomorrow.

Hope it takes not too long.

Hi, having exactly the same issue! So frustrating, especially as it initially worked fine.

I connected to the RC over wifi using Android App and updated firmware on the first battery. Flew for ten minutes or so with no issues. Went through the update process on second battery, firmware update didn't complete, lost connection to RC, then couldn't pair. I then paired Android App directly to the bird, completed the firmware update and it flies fine, just without RC. I get the same double red blinking LED's and no wifi coming up.

Has anyone got a solution for this yet?

My device was not picking up wifi signal either go to your store and download a wifi manager app that fixed my problem the device now picks it up normally

bennie

And to fix rc downgrade firmware on drone and rc to the earliest version you can and do each upgrade from there in sequence. If it doesn't link then start again. Its a long long process but after me doing it about 4 times at the drone store in ho chi minh city and then another 3 times at the dji store in bangkok im finally back in the air

bennie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme