Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

E-Boarding with Spark & Osmo Pocket

Wanderer

Join
Dec 22, 2017
Cruising around with the DJI Spark and Osmo Pocket which is a nice combo by the way.

Unfortunately, the YouTube codec does a terrible job when it comes to full motion scenes which is why it messed up some of them.

You can download the original video here which provides a much better quality.

Last edited:
Nice work - or should I say play! That e-board really scoots.

Cruising around with the DJI Spark and Osmo Pocket which is a nice combo by the way.

Unfortunately, the YouTube codec does a terrible job when it comes to full motion scenes which is why it messed up some of them.

You can download the original video here which provides a much better quality.

Wow! Terrific scenery, great videography, love the e board and what a game little dog!!

Maybe you noticed that little black basket on the board - this is the place where she usually sits during a ride. Since she got used to riding on the board, she's gotten pretty lazy. As soon as I switch on the board, she usually jumps into the basket so she just doesn't have to walk ☺

The E-Board is an Evolve Carbon GT, if anyone might be interested. It's especially for off-road tracks (all-terrain wheels) with lots of power (3000 Watts) and a great range. For me, it's the perfect vehicle to go to remote places with the drone in the backpack.

Reactions: Spark 317
While there are many good street boards to choose from good all-terrain boards are very rare.

You need good air tires with enough ground clearance, strong motors and a good, reliable battery. The Evolve has 3000 Watts - and that's what you need when driving through dirt, grass, gravel or over slopes. With the Evolve you can even climb hills with more than 20% slope - with ease, thanks to its 3000 Watts and the double belt drive (no hub drive!).

One of my buddies already had the Evolve so I was able to test it. Awesome specs but seemed way too expensive to me. Then I searched several months to find a cheaper alternative - no chance. Other all-terrains are mostly "toys" - too weak motors, poor quality or cheap batteries. No warranty, no local dealer, no spare parts for sale. So after a long research I came back to the Evolve board again and I have not yet regretted my choice.

I've been driving it for about two years now. Absolutely no issues so far. Quality is awesome. I am even still using the original tires and bearings. Did not have to replace a single part in two years although I am using it almost every day. That's top quality.

Has it's price, of course. Do not expect to get a good all-terrain e-board with these specs below 1500 - 2000 EUR. But for me it's worth it. I am driving it every day, on tracks I could never reach by car or on foot. The range is about 15-20km on all-terrain but for longer rides I strap a 6S 10.000 lipo battery onto the board, using a mobile charger which doubles the range then.

That's my personal experience - but I haven't been watching the market too closely for the last two years since I am still satisfied. Maybe there are other good choice meanwhile, too. However, you should make sure to compare the specs as closely as possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef