Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

E2 airspace I can’t figure out

Drizzt90

Join
Aug 29, 2018
I’m going to be getting a spark... today hopefully... and I got the be4ufly app. At my current location there is a hospital helipad and an airport nearby. I think I get the whole 5 miles from an airport thin, but there’s a funky shaped zone and when I click the icon it says “Newport Class E2”. I’ve tried to look it up but I can’t figure out what that means to me if I want to fly my drone in this area outside of the 5mile airport radius where the E2 space still exists. From what I could gather class F? Is like ground level to..1000 something feet and is uncontrolled. Class E is above that to something like 17,999 feet. I find nothing about E2 or what that should mean to me. Can someone help? The area I’m looking at is Newport, Oregon. Thanks! Looking forward to flying!90B66B13-6E8D-4BED-80BC-C3A057DFBB46.png

That "funky shape" is the Class E controlled airspace for the Newport airport. Note that not all airspace is circular in space. The Class E airspace is controlled above 700 ft AGL.
ONP - Newport Municipal Airport | SkyVector

However, if you are flying for hobby/recreation (ie NOT Part 107), you should not be concerned with that. You will be contacting all the airports that are within 5 miles of your flight location.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex