Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

eagles trained to take down drones

I have always wondered if the birds were injured by the props during the capture. I think they should train the eagles to drop a net on the drone instead which would achieve the same results without possible injury to the eagles. Just my opinion.;)

Reactions: Joco
Stupid...so cops are going to now have eagles in the backseat of their cars to deploy against drones.
Non-solution looking for a non-problem.

Very old news. Yes, stopped because of injuries to birds. (cruelty to animals). What a surprise?

No eagles, but I have had ravens harass my drone. They are very territorial and frequently go after hawks that enter their area.

Reactions: sparkphoto
Very old news. Yes, stopped because of injuries to birds. (cruelty to animals). What a surprise?

Not sure where you got that info... They didn't stop it because of injuries to birds. They were more concerned of damage to human's... In fact that video I posted was the Dutch police i believe, but the US Military is still studying their use.

I just found it interesting because I too have been buzzed by a hawk, at dusk as i was landing.

Dutch police will stop using drone-hunting eagles since they weren't doing what they're told

This next one contains several clips of birds in training by the US Military.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Last edited:
Hi yes, my best friend is a falconer and trains birds for clients from sheiks in UE to clients in Europe.
He was tasked to write several reports on the matter. You wont see (any) bird of pray being sent up to take down a Inspire. It was a stupid idea from the get go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast