Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Enhanced Wi-Fi

JCK

Join
Apr 27, 2021
Is "enhanced WiFi" significantly better that the regular WiFi that the Spark operate with?

Is "enhanced WiFi" significantly better that the regular WiFi that the Spark operate with?

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland lukec.

You must be looking at a Mini 1 since that's the only time I have read about enhanced WiFi?

When I was looking for a replacement upgrade for the Spark, the Mini 1 got my attention with the 3 axis gimbal, but lost me at the enhanced WiFi.

I wanted the OcuSync system that the other Mavics and Phantoms had, not enhanced WiFi.

I later purchased a Mavic Air 2 since that was next in line with what I wanted and sure enough, DJI releases the Mini 2 with OcuSync some time after.

Go figure. 🤔

I can't speak about the differences between the enhanced and regular WiFi systems, but if you're thinking about purchasing a mini, the Mini 2 would be my choice.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland lukec.

You must be looking at a Mini 1 since that's the only time I have read about enhanced WiFi?

When I was looking for a replacement upgrade for the Spark, the Mini 1 got my attention with the 3 axis gimbal, but lost me at the enhanced WiFi.

I wanted the OcuSync system that the other Mavics and Phantoms had, not enhanced WiFi.

I later purchased a Mavic Air 2 since that was next in line with what I wanted and sure enough, DJI releases the Mini 2 with OcuSync some time after.

Go figure. 🤔

I can't speak about the differences between the enhanced and regular WiFi systems, but if you're thinking about purchasing a mini, the Mini 2 would be my choice.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:
Thanks, #317, I'm happy to be here! I did just purchase the Mini 2 :). I was just curious and exploring the evolution... WiFi...Extended Wi-Fi....OcuSync and their relative improvements.

Reactions: Spark 317
The original mavic air has enhanced wifi as well. Its better then the spark for range. Maybe twice the range though, and thats flying from same location one right after the other.

On a side note the enhanced may have changed slightly since I bought the air in 2018.

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme