Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Erratic take off and landing behavior

Herbie223

Join
May 22, 2019
Good Morning:
I really enjoy my Spark. The last several flights the take off, landing, and some of the flight have been very erratic. This is an uncontrolled up and down movement. The final flight (flight log attached) I could not get the spark to land. I use the manual take off and landing, though I did attempt to use auto land on this flight.

Before this flight: firmware was updated, IMU, and compass were recalibrated. This actually appeared to make the problem worse.

I was hoping someone could have a look at the flight log to offer thoughts.
Thanks.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-08-09_[14-56-43].txt
    112.6 KB · Views: 20
Morning Herbie! welcome from California

Anxious to hear the results of the data. Hope it's a simple fix

Good Morning:
I really enjoy my Spark. The last several flights the take off, landing, and some of the flight have been very erratic. This is an uncontrolled up and down movement. The final flight (flight log attached) I could not get the spark to land. I use the manual take off and landing, though I did attempt to use auto land on this flight.

Before this flight: firmware was updated, IMU, and compass were recalibrated. This actually appeared to make the problem worse.

Thanks.
I had a similar problem with my Spark. It wouldn’t take off and kind of bounced up and down hitting the ground. I sent it in to DJI support and just got a different Spark sent to me. It was still under warranty so there was no charge. I flew it yesterday and it worked perfectly.

Reactions: RotorWash
Good Morning:

Thanks.
This behavior is usually associated with a malfunctioning VPS and your log file does show the sonar (vps) altitude skewed more than normal when compared with the barometer's altitude. When this happens the craft may bob up and down and may not land as it 'thinks' there is an obstruction below it. Inspect and then clean the three sensors on the bottom of the craft and try taking off from a different location/surface. If no joy, try refreshing the firmware with the DJI Assistant 2 software and then calibrate the IMU again. If nothing helps it could be a hardware issue with the VPS itself. If you happen to have Litchi installed, you could try a flight with the VPS sensor turned off but keep your landing extra soft on return or hand catch instead.

P.S. If you have obstacle avoidance turned on, try a flight with it turned off. Shouldn't matter but just for S&Gs.

hello everyone
i have the same problem but my spark show at the VPS Altitude N/A and i don’t have no more idea how to fix that
here is the link log view
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
i remplaced the downward sensor and nothing change
please any one can help me with just an idea

hello everyone
i have the same problem but my spark show at the VPS Altitude N/A and i don’t have no more idea how to fix that

hello everyone
Send it in to DJI. I had the same problem. My Spark was still in the warranty time period and they sent me a new one. Great service from DJI Support.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef