Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Excerpts of an evening's practice.

Tentoes

Join
Jun 5, 2019
Loc
Oklahoma USA
Practice and confidence building flights. Also, I was way short on my pedometer count for the day.

At work, we're doing the "Global Fitness Challence," and the "Nerd Herd" is trying to prove that engineers are not couch potatoes. Since I'm the only one who ever reaches the daily goal, I think we're proving that engineers are couch potatoes.

We have to dress "Business Casual." "Nice" jeans are allowed. I haven't tried a bib except on casual Friday, but I don't wear the pair with no hems left.

Today at lunch time, the blacker pavement was a little hot, but no problem. In the evenings, it's no problem.

We have to dress "Business Casual." "Nice" jeans are allowed. I haven't tried a bib except on casual Friday, but I don't wear the pair with no hems left.

Today at lunch time, the blacker pavement was a little hot, but no problem. In the evenings, it's no problem.

I figured as much, its tempting to go into the office super casual... but I am a manager and have to set examples... Bah!!!!!

I'm a retired EE. Worked for an industrial manufacturing plant. Definitely, none of us were couch spuds. Too much running around.

I'm in software, so I sit at a desk all day.

I'm also autistic. I hate shoes, you'll see that I seldom wear them. Also hate waistbands, belts, thin clothing and most fabrics. I wear oversize, loose fitting cotton woven clothes, although cotton-polyester can suffice. One way I deal with being at work all day is to escape at lunch time. If the weather is nice, I sneak out, leave shoes and socks in the car and walk a mile around the block. Lights in my vision are bothersome, so I wear the red cap almost all the time. With my feet hidden under the desk, I sometimes cheat and get my feet bare.

And, I love my work. Well, most of the time.

A couple weeks ago somebody complained about me taking my walk barefoot at lunch, so I guess I'm being rebellious.

Me at work taken my my computer:

The red is not a uniform. I just like solid colors. The guy in the background is a terrific co-worker.

If I thought I could get away with it, I'd ditch pants and belt and wear overalls to work.

I'm in software, so I sit at a desk all day.

I'm also autistic. I hate shoes, you'll see that I seldom wear them. Also hate waistbands, belts, thin clothing and most fabrics. I wear oversize, loose fitting cotton woven clothes, although cotton-polyester can suffice. One way I deal with being at work all day is to escape at lunch time. If the weather is nice, I sneak out, leave shoes and socks in the car and walk a mile around the block. Lights in my vision are bothersome, so I wear the red cap almost all the time. With my feet hidden under the desk, I sometimes cheat and get my feet bare.

And, I love my work. Well, most of the time.

A couple weeks ago somebody complained about me taking my walk barefoot at lunch, so I guess I'm being rebellious.

Me at work taken my my computer:
View attachment 10472

The red is not a uniform. I just like solid colors. The guy in the background is a terrific co-worker.

If I thought I could get away with it, I'd ditch pants and belt and wear overalls to work.
If you are not dealing with the public (face to face) then what you wear has no bearing on your job. Have you talked to the boss about it? Most work places are much more accommodating to their employees than they used to be. They should desire to make you happy.

hehe

I'm the new guy. And when you're a little weird, everybody has veto power over anything you do, "we have a complaint." Then you have to provide a good reason to do what you do, though the complainer does not. The trump card is always, "safety." What am I going to do? Run over my toe with my office chair?

I'll take weird over boring any day! We are IT support engineers (me and my team) and at this company we only deal with internal folks, so we can often ditch the khakis for jeans, but beyond that, not so much. My only regret about my current work is I am 100 meters from Canada's largest airport, so going for a Spark flight at lunch just aint possible.:( The controlled airspace around Toronto's Pearson Airport is massive, and with our new certification, I would have to drive about 6 miles to get out of the zone before I could go up.:mad: Anyway, we sure have drifted off topic, that's probably my fault. Apologies!

Here, the whole town is "Class E." Work is just outside of the class E, as is my motel and the park where I often fly.

I usually fly among the trees and buildings. If I was interfering with any manned aircraft, he has a LOT to worry about besides my 300 gram drone
71.gif

I flew my spark once during lunch. "We have a complaint. Why were you flying a drone? And you were barefoot."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme