Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Experience with Spark prop cages?

DUAS

Join
Aug 19, 2019
Wow.

That's what I call a prop guard.

The extra surface area may hamper stability if flying outside with a slight breeze?

Looks interesting.

It must add drag and, for cloudy (flying ATTI) and
windy days, "grip in the wind".
Would be worry that the top portion of the "cage"
interfere with GPS reception.
On the other side, it's the best protection against
birds attack...

My application is Search and Rescue/recovery in high angle terrain in the middle of a dense pine forest. Sections that cannot be cleared from above will need to be cleared from below.

Looking for the right tool for this scenario. It’s this, or an MP/MPP, also with cages.

Provided the flight time doesn’t take too much of a hit, the Spark‘s size will give it an advantage over an MP/MPP in these close quarters. Obstacles are at every angle in a pine forest - guards don’t cut it.

Reactions: SoccerRef12
your time in the air will be reduced , your speed also . i don't think it's worth it . just fly your spark and have fun . looks like a bird nest ..................

If this had water contact instant self-inflation I’d buy one!! Seriously, 45grams is not too bad for the web of protection it affords. Just checked, my standard simple ones costing £6 are 40.8grams boxed weight so slightly less. As said above would worry about drag/stability in wind. Let us know if you get them.

Wouldn't the cage affect the camera view? I would only use for indoor flying. An indoor flying session that ended in an upside down crash that damaged my Spark, would probably have been protected from damage with the cage.

This would be great for flying indoors or under bridges accepting reduced flight time and flight performance.
Not so great around vegetation as it increases chances that your spark will get hooked on something out of your reach (stuck near top of the tree).
I used prop guards that came with fly more combo and I had to have my son to claim the tree for me to rescue the Spark (my *** is too old for this). I've manged to hit vegetation and other objects with my Spark without prop guards and especially with tree branches my Spark managed to recover in flight and not get stuck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe