Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Export 360 sphere to cardboard / vr viewer app?

H Jordan High

Join
Jul 24, 2017
Hey,

I love the 360 sphere photos out of my Spark! However, the subsequent export options feel... lacking, to say the least. When you download it to your camera roll it's a flat view (no way other than snapshot to extract the tiny planet view?), and there's no way in the app (or via e xport) to view them like VR photos with a cardboard viewer. Am I missing something? Is there any way to extract a higher resolution of the tiny planet view? any way to get it into a VR viewer? If not what apps / applications have you used to achieve similar effects (doubtlessly with much more effort).

Thank you,

The flat 4000x2000 export is the max you can get from DJI Go. If you want more you'll have to stitch on your computer with MS ICE for instance. Then you can upload that to RoundMe (max of 10000x5000), use their app and activate the cardboard option. You can upload the 4000x2000 directly to RoundMe to see if it's enough resolution for you.

The flat 4000x2000 export is the max you can get from DJI Go. If you want more you'll have to stitch on your computer with MS ICE for instance. Then you can upload that to RoundMe (max of 10000x5000), use their app and activate the cardboard option. You can upload the 4000x2000 directly to RoundMe to see if it's enough resolution for you.

Thanks for the insight and advice.

It seems logical and an easy add for D(JI)evelopers to add a cardboard icon and enable some motion tracking. Maybe we'll see that soon..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers