Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Exporting original HQ video with audio.

LGM

Join
Nov 27, 2018
Hi, does anyone know How to export HD (original) video with Audio to a Mac?

I know how to download from the DJI app to my iPhone but its not the hight quality one and if I choose to download the HQ one from the spark SD card, it takes forever. I tried to insert the SD card directly to my Mac but with no audio (as far as I know it caches the audio on the iPhone, not on the SD card) so what is the best way? Thank you.

Last edited:
You need to connect your device to the Mac and look for the cache to be transferred.

The audio and video are in the same file on the SD card.
Not sure why it would take so long to download.

Hi, what I meant is that if I download the files wirelessly using the app it will take forever but if I insert the se card directly in to my Mac it will be without the audio.

The audio is not on the Spark SD card.

There are no microphones on the Spark to pick up audio, the audio is recorded onto your device from its mic and is cached according to the video/audio settings in the Go4 app.

You'll have to hook your device to your Mac via cable and transfer the cached files to the Mac.

Then you'll have to use video editing software to sync the cached audio files with the SD card footage from the Spark.

Sorry for the moronic answer. I must have been thinking of my GoPro camera. The Spark itself does not record any audio.

The spark does not but the phone or tablet will, so looks like the only option is to combina the audio from the videos from the phone and the video from the spark so I can have the HQ videos with audio, Im correct? anyone?

Um... that's what post #6 said to do.

Depending upon what audio you want to add you could record it separately and add in post.

Example: you have Spark fly along a river (12-15ft above) to a waterfall and slowly ascend to the top of the falls.
Though a separate auto recorder would be best even your cellphone can do this using a recorder app. Get next to the stream bank & record it’s sound for however long it took Spark to go upriver. Then record next to the falls for the ascent part of the video.
That plus some appropriate music to fade in/out around the two audio clips and you’ve got a great ambient sound track for the video.
NB

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit