Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Fall weather and flocks of geese.

Heckmaniac

Join
Sep 15, 2018
Trying to capture some fall colors and inadvertently found myself in the middle of a flock of geese heading South for winter. Didn't look like they were close, but when reviewing the footage, well you be the judge...

Wow! Talk about a bird's eye view.

Lucky Spark indeed. I wonder if they saw it, and if so would they fly around, or remain in formation, and whatever happens, happens?

Wow! Talk about a bird's eye view.

Lucky Spark indeed. I wonder if they saw it, and if so would they fly around, or remain in formation, and whatever happens, happens?

Didn't see any sudden swerving of the flock and they were on both sides of the drone. As it turns out this is one of those erie pics right before disaster strikes as I lost my Spark a few hours after this video was shot when I took it out a second time later in the day. I started another string around what folks feel the chances are that DJI will replace it due to a fly away (or more like a "float away") situation - another topic. Turns out not so lucky Spark...

Sorry to hear that.

If DJI doesn't help other than a 30% discount, you still have the remote, and maybe an extra battery. Spark by itself can be reasonably priced, so working with DJI might not be your best option.

Sam's club had the spark for sale for 300 and it included a remote and extra battery. I paid 550 for that plus useless guards and a bag that I sold

Sam's club had the spark for sale for 300 and it included a remote and extra battery. I paid 550 for that plus useless guards and a bag that I sold

Thanks for the heads up! I already have the remote and tons of accessories but all in all it may be a better deal than just buying another Spark sepperately - I can sell extra remote I suppose.

They had that deal at our local Sam's Club too. I talked a buddy into going and buying one but they had sold completely out in store in just 3 days. I couldn't find that same deal online.

Trying to capture some fall colors and inadvertently found myself in the middle of a flock of geese heading South for winter. Didn't look like they were close, but when reviewing the footage, well you be the judge...
What a beautiful place you live in. Our Autumn colors here in the UK are nearly over but they have been similar. Fab of the geese-did the Spark pick up any honking as they flew by-any idea what species?

What a beautiful place you live in. Our Autumn colors here in the UK are nearly over but they have been similar. Fab of the geese-did the Spark pick up any honking as they flew by-any idea what species?

Thanks for the compliment, and yes there was definitely a lot of honking, but I'm not familiar with different species. I just know they are geese and this is the season I see them traveling in large flocks heading south.

thanks for sharing your great work. Please keep it coming

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers