Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Fcc mod

rich777

Join
Nov 16, 2017
Hi everyone don't know if it's just me but since last week I can't get spark into FCC mode anymore it just keeps reverting back to 13 channels CE mode. Now I can't even go 80 meters without having a total signal loss which is really frustrating. I just want a solid stable signal and always fly Line of Sight
I'm in the UK use floater and use Galaxy S7 and S9+. Does anyone know what's going on regards rich

Reactions: Soar Like an Eagle
Forced FCC works great even with the latest update.
You have to use floatter properly as mentionned in several videos. Avoid any external GPS reference during settings and wait enough time to allow pairing between AC and RC.

Reactions: rich777
Forced FCC works great even with the latest update.
You have to use floatter properly as mentionned in several videos. Avoid any external GPS reference during settings and wait enough time to allow pairing between AC and RC.
What make you thinking it works?
If you change your location on the phone, you see different wifi channels 1-11 (FCC), 1-13 (CE), but how do you know that the Spark and the RC give more RF power for the Wifi connection?
Without changing anything, same location, the range can change a lot, most probably due to interference.

What make you thinking it works?
If you change your location on the phone, you see different wifi channels 1-11 (FCC), 1-13 (CE), but how do you know that the Spark and the RC give more RF power for the Wifi connection?
Without changing anything, same location, the range can change a lot, most probably due to interference.
You know it gives more power in fcc mode because it says in the manual

Transmitter Power (EIRP)
2.4 GHz
FCC: 25 dBm; CE: 18 dBm; SRRC: 18 dBm; MIC:18 dBm

5.8 GHz
FCC: 27 dBm; CE: 14 dBm; SRRC: 27 dBm; MIC: -Operating Frequency2.400 - 2.483 GHz; 5.725 - 5.825 GHz

Both in 2.4 ghz and 5.8 there is a MASSIVE AMOUNT OF DIFFERENCE In Transmitter power vs fcc against ce especially with 5.8 Fcc 27 dBm vs CE 14 dBm!!

Hi everyone don't know if it's just me but since last week I can't get spark into FCC mode anymore it just keeps reverting back to 13 channels CE mode. Now I can't even go 80 meters without having a total signal loss which is really frustrating. I just want a solid stable signal and always fly Line of Sight
I'm in the UK use floater and use Galaxy S7 and S9+. Does anyone know what's going on regards rich
Another way to set FCC is to download the MOD app described in a separate thread. Start everything with this app. You do not have to fly with the app if you do not want to. And then run GO4 origininal. You just have to answer "cancel" when the question about the wi-fi and region setting show up. Otherwise you are back to CE again.

You know it gives more power in fcc mode because it says in the manual

Transmitter Power (EIRP)
2.4 GHz
FCC: 25 dBm; CE: 18 dBm; SRRC: 18 dBm; MIC:18 dBm

5.8 GHz
FCC: 27 dBm; CE: 14 dBm; SRRC: 27 dBm; MIC: -Operating Frequency2.400 - 2.483 GHz; 5.725 - 5.825 GHz

Both in 2.4 ghz and 5.8 there is a MASSIVE AMOUNT OF DIFFERENCE In Transmitter power vs fcc against ce especially with 5.8 Fcc 27 dBm vs CE 14 dBm!!
Did you measured the power in CE and "FCC" mode? I tried but just get the same values even if in Go4 app it shows 1-11 or 1-13 channels.

Another way to set FCC is to download the MOD app described in a separate thread. Start everything with this app. You do not have to fly with the app if you do not want to. And then run GO4 origininal. You just have to answer "cancel" when the question about the wi-fi and region setting show up. Otherwise you are back to CE again.
As you are using Android I‘d also recommend to use Mod app. Much quicker and more reliable to get into FCC mode than the fake GPS approach. Plus you get all the flight modes from the Mavic Pro like cinematic, orbit, waypoints. Don‘t see any good reason to use the official GO4 app and permanently fiddle with Fake GPS.

Reactions: rich777 and Haggi
The FCC / CE has been patched in the latest DJI GO 4.3 Android app it seems. With the controller I'm starting to loose signal again at 100m. Unbelievable how unstable it is. From where I can download the mod version please?

Thanks, did you manage to get in fcc mode?

I live in the USA , so yeah I'm already in the FCC mode and it sucks that the Spark is limited to the pilots in other regions other than FCC.

Others on this Forum had good luck with the GPS faker apps available.

You may have to downgrade to a previous GO4 that didn't get updated that may have prevented the GPS fake apps from working?

Do a search on the Forum for GPS fake app and there may be additional information to help you.

Reactions: Mrl123
Looks like fake location does not allow us to switch it to fcc mode anymore. The transmitter is so weak that it barely flies more than a 100 meters now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef