Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Field Trip Footage

RotorWash

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 18, 2019
Loc
P.E.I., Canada
Sailboat Helix

Here's some quickshot helix mode footage. Set to 22m with no input on the sticks from me. I've seen it do smoother but the wind was gusting a bit. I was also a little overexposed for a white boat, trying too hard bringing out the sand and moss color. I added the seagull sounds for effect but there were some around keeping an eye on me the whole time. Maybe I should put those eye stickers on my Spark like Ken Heron does with his Phantom, only smaller, beadier eyes! :)

Just an Old Dirt Road

In the woods off to the left is one of the places where my Dad would make moonshine when he was a young man many years ago. As a boy I hunted ruffed grouse, racoon and fox in the same area. I can also remember driving my dirt bike up this road sailing along way too fast with not a worry for the world. So although it's just an old dirt road for most, it brings back a memory or two for me.

Old Fishing Hole

Use to fish in this area as a boy. Brook runs extra low this time of year. Thought I'd try to make some short runs to get some footage, then about a minute into flying, it hits me (doh!), oh yeah, got to watch out for fishing line hanging from tree branches. I put lots there myself over the years! Ok, time to land. Hmm, maybe I better not push my luck with this water thing. :)

And closing up this field trip here are a few HDR images I tried creating with the trial version of Photomatix Essentials 4.2, thus the watermark.

HDR-FT (1).jpg

HDR-FT (2).jpg

HDR-FT (333).jpg

Nice short videos.

I can remember the progression of the dirt roads in my area over time.
Dirt, gravel, chip and seal (chipped stones with tar), and then the day came that all of the country roads were paved in the county with painted lines.
The farmland isn't there anymore, and it's no longer countryside as homes and businesses have taken over.
My uncle had a farm and now you can't even tell it was there at all.:confused:

I have been experimenting with low level water flights too and the fishing lines are the invisible threads of death for a drone. :eek:

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Nice short videos.

I can remember the progression of the dirt roads in my area over time.
Dirt, gravel, chip and seal (chipped stones with tar), and then the day came that all of the country roads were paved in the county with painted lines.
The farmland isn't there anymore, and it's no longer countryside as homes and businesses have taken over.
My uncle had a farm and now you can't even tell it was there at all.:confused:

I have been experimenting with low level water flights too and the fishing lines are the invisible threads of death for a drone. :eek:

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Spark317! That's an excellent description; "invisible threads of death"!

I understand your reluctance to sacrifice your Spark for a great over the water shot. There are a series of walkway and railroad bridges I want to fly under but fear keeps me away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe