Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

files on sd card disappearing / corrupt

Itaydagani

Join
Sep 17, 2018
Hello,

A month ago I got my spark fly combo, I activated it and then did the software update
using the phone, BIG MISTAKE, it failed, bricked my spark, had to send it back,
and got a new one just a couple of days ago.

So now I updated it to latest firmware on both spark and controller. (spark using dji assistant, never use phone again for firmware update !!!)
got a new Samsung EVO 16GB,(DJI have that in their list), see it is FAT32
Took spark for 1st flight, took some pictures and a video,
start and stop video while spark is on, after landing I shutdown everything.
take out micro sd card, put it into card reader and into my pc, nothing, no files/directories.
I checked on the phone, the lower quality versions are there, but sd card is empty.

so I repeat the whole thing, take it to a flight, take picture/video,
but this time keep everything turned on, connect spark to the my pc (pc has dji assistant)
got a 'do you want to scan and fix removable disk' window so knew something is not right.
It displays this message if some files got corrupted on the drive.

Opened the card's drive window and now I see directories on the card,
in DCIM/802MEDIA directory I see the picture (JPG) and video file (mp4),
try to open the jpg file with windows photo viewer (pc with windows 7), says doesn't support format,
use VLC to open video, does not display it.

I tested the card in my pc, copied files to it, moved it to a 2nd computer, did more tests,
everything is fine, this is not the card.

I did a few more flights, taking photos/videos, keeping the spark on, then connecting it
to the pc, sometimes I get the window that shows a new drive is connected to the pc
but when I click to open it it says it can't because it can't read it, so i disconnect the spark,
reconnect it and now it opens the drive of the card fine, but it is empty.

I also tried the whole thing with a different micro sd card, same thing.

I don't know what the hell is going on, has anyone experienced similar issues and can help ?

Format the SD card. With the drone running and connected to your phone, tap your aircraft status at the top left (right of the dji logo) scroll down to the bottom and tap format

thank you, first card I used was a new Samsung EVO 16GB,
did anyone encounter similar issues like the above ?

I had one simply go rogue on me, luckily I had copied all the files from it into my mac, then I disconnected it. When I placed it in the Spark it said SD card error, so I tried to format it with the Spark, no go. It was basically dead. I tried formatting it in Windows, on the Mac, even on one of my Linux computers.... simply NFG. So, I went and bought a few more. Its gonna happen, not if, but when!

Thanks, but my case is different, the card is ok, I tested it in several computers,
I also tested another uhs-1 class 10 micro sd card with the drone same result.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67