Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

First time in active track

Great tracking! The active track works so good! Have a question, how many minutes where you flying in "active track" before you landed? Did you take off and land on your boat?

I did take off from boat and landed in boat but in my hand. I think total it was almost 8 minutes. I wasnt going very fast as it was my first time trying it out. I do believe it was keeping up with me even though I never went over 12km. Next trip out I will get the boat going faster and try it again

Reactions: Sgt2231
You did a great job in capturing how great "active track" is. I haven't caught my Spark in my hand yet...tried a couple time but got freaked out on how fast the propellers where going ;-)..got to give it another try I guess. I forgot to ask you in the last post how high where you?

Not 100 % sure but maybe 80 to a 100 feet. Catching the spark is easy. I turn it around so the back is facing me so the collision sensor isnt active. Put hand flat out under it and let it come to rest. Easy peasy.

You did a great job in capturing how great "active track" is. I haven't caught my Spark in my hand yet...tried a couple time but got freaked out on how fast the propellers where going ;-)..got to give it another try I guess. I forgot to ask you in the last post how high where you?
On of our fellow forum members had made a very good documentation of Active Track by tracking his jeep in a desert. Take a look at this video.

Not 100 % sure but maybe 80 to a 100 feet. Catching the spark is easy. I turn it around so the back is facing me so the collision sensor isnt active. Put hand flat out under it and let it come to rest. Easy peasy.

Thank for the landing tip in the palm. I did it after reading your post...Yeah! I ended up grabbing it ( with back facing me like you suggested) as it was hovering and then flipped it to it's side with my wrist to turn off the motors and it worked. Aloha!

Reactions: nilanjan118
Thank for the landing tip in the palm. I did it after reading your post...Yeah! I ended up grabbing it ( with back facing me like you suggested) as it was hovering and then flipped it to it's side with my wrist to turn off the motors and it worked. Aloha!
Next time try with the side (either left or right) of the Spark facing you. Two advantages here -
1. You know exactly where the bottom sensors are.
2. The grab from mid air is at a more comfortable position of the hand.

Reactions: Lavarock

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit