Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flight mode switching from P to S modes

Btwwop

Join
Dec 3, 2017
Hello from Colorado, new Spark owner here. Can the flight mode be switched when flying or should it only be set before starting a flight?

Yes, it's okay to switch modes mid-flight.

If you power up the remote in S mode, it will really be in P mode until you switch it back to P then to S.
One thing that looks really cool is to fly forward at full throttle in P, then switch to S and watch it lean forward and get busy!

S mode scared me today. I was going forward fast in S mode and then all the sudden my drone did like a complete 180. I was only pushing forward (as far as I know) and wasn't touching the throttle so I'm not sure what caused it, but I put it right back into P mode and came back home.

S mode scared me today. I was going forward fast in S mode and then all the sudden my drone did like a complete 180. I was only pushing forward (as far as I know) and wasn't touching the throttle so I'm not sure what caused it, but I put it right back into P mode and came back home.
Nothing to worry about. The Spark is tiny and not much power. I've done 40mph without issue, but have seen yaw issues when descending at 10m/s and pushing forward.

I'll fly in S mode to the photo op, take some nice pictures/video in P and tripod mode, then fly back in S mode if the "subject" is a distance away from me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex