Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Float kit for Spark on Amazon

Reactions: bath1968
That has to mess with the aerodynamics. Look at it this way, the aircraft flies by producing downward airflow. Put something in the path and it has to have an effect. I would assume batteries lasting less time and I'm sure agility has to be effected. Hmmm.... might even cause the bugger to flip!

One of the people testing them also said they appeared to mess with the vertical sensors and land hard in water, though I wonder if that's more due to sensor problems over water or the presence of the floats.

I own them and would give them a "0" rating. I have not tried to land them on water, because I don't trust them. (1) The leg's totally cover the LED lights, so you loose your lights. (2) This means that you have to remove your blade protectors and can't use them. (3) The float ball's are made of cheap styrofoam, something you you'd get at a craft store. (4) They have no secure way to mount the ball's they are just wedged into the ball, and when I tried to fly my drone, one fell off, I was so pissed off I cancelled the test.

Reactions: Steamboatsig
I own them and would give them a "0" rating. I have not tried to land them on water, because I don't trust them. (1) The leg's totally cover the LED lights, so you loose your lights. (2) This means that you have to remove your blade protectors and can't use them. (3) The float ball's are made of cheap styrofoam, something you you'd get at a craft store. (4) They have no secure way to mount the ball's they are just wedged into the ball, and when I tried to fly my drone, one fell off, I was so pissed off I cancelled the test.
You can get the legs transparent so you can see the lights.

Cheap styrofoam crap. I was also disappointed at the quality. But if I am going to fly it over water, I will use them. I plan on gluing the balls onto the legs (like when driving on a hot day).

What are your thoughts on this???

PENIVO Protector Spark Water Surface Take off / Landing Set ,Floating Ball Extended Landing Gear Kit for DJI Spark Heightened Legs Drone Accessories (Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076KPQK2C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_frxgAbJ4CETDH
I purchased these to fly low over lakes and rivers. Never when doing high altitude over water. So far, no issues. But I will continue testing them. The quality is better on these since the fastener used is embedded and then secured on the other side. After losing one of my Sparks while filming a family of ducks to a low branch i failed to see, i was able to recover it, but it did short out the Spark and it’s battery. So I bought this flotation gear. It floats my boat.

Hello!

I have tested it today.... no useful, because
Spark saids:

"Downward failure. Landing as soon as possible".

I hope this help you.
Regards.

it might have done this if it was seeing the floats in its downward sensors and "knew it was going up" but didn't see the distance increasing. Those floats don't look like they can be attached wrong so I'm not sure how you'd get that condition, but take a look. Did you make any modifications or attach anything else below your Spark?

Firmly attached below my spark. Of course, the floating parts also are an obstacle for pictures.
The downward failure was clearly visible, because the spark goes down slowly slowy. It seems a potatoes transporter!!
I d'ont like it!!

it really sounds like the sensor is seeing the floats and is knowing it should be landing but can't see the ground approaching. That's actually a safety for water, because the surface of water is constantly changing and makes visual identification of the ground impossible. It has to rely on its proximity sensor instead, and if that one is reflecting off the globes of the float, it will always look like its on the ground.

If the kit allows for it, adjust the floats outward.

I think it is too big...

The floating parts was firmly attached. I was affraid if one of them was lost when flying. Look at the picture

Attachments

• 20180526_175940.jpg
    20180526_175940.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 26
well that does get the floats out farther from the underside of the aircraft and away from the sensors

I'd like to see someone make a float that didn't raise the center of gravity so much. Instead of four round floats that get the spark so high up, I'd rather see a round hoop (but with a ring that wasn't terribly wide itself) that was farther out and let the spark get closer to the water. Not close enough to be at risk of a splash, but enough to lower the center of gravity. And a ring that was out farther, say 14-16" diameter, would really reduce the risk of tipping.

Reactions: Baqca Sanke

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe