Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flying at a place named one of the 50 Most Beautiful Places in America

rcdancer

Join
Nov 3, 2018
Loc
SE United States
On the mountain where I live is a wildlife sanctuary Nature Trial with a 17 acre lake. It has been named one of the 50 Most Beautiful Places in America. The county that owns it has agreed to let me produce a promo video with the drone for them. It will take a year to shoot, showcasing all 4 seasons. I'm stoked about it and already planning some stunning shots (i.e., flying through the covered bridge, flying with the Canadian Geese and ducks, helixing around the wilderness cabin, flying up a rushing stream, etc.)

Here's a picture
(Good reason to get the Mavic 2 Zoom sooner than planned ;))

Attachments

• Nature Trail.png
    Nature Trail.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 109
Looks like a mirror.

That is a beautiful shot! Good luck with your project. I hope I am around to see the finished production.

Sound like a win - win for both of you. You get to fly in a really cool spot, and they get a promotional video and pictures. That's a great idea for anyone who wants to shoot something off limits. Offer them a free aerial video or photos!

Sound like a win - win for both of you. You get to fly in a really cool spot, and they get a promotional video and pictures. That's a great idea for anyone who wants to shoot something off limits. Offer them a free aerial video or photos!

Yup! I get to fly for a year in a place that is otherwise prohibited. :)

Reactions: mano
First flight at the Nature Trail in poor lighting conditions. Test flight to ascertain flying conditions and potential hazards (of which there are a lot). Also a chance to play with some of the powerful color/exposure correction in final cut pro. None of this video will be in the final promo video.

Training my Visual Observer for an upcoming difficult year-long shoot on this lake. We're calibrating distances today around the lake so no effort for smooth camera work. I'm 500 ft away on a dam with line of sight (but the Spark is just a speck at that distance) and he's talking me into him on the pier with the radio. A lot of hazards and obstacles including Canadian Geese that he has to keep an eye out for. Very windy; gusts were almost at the limit of what I can safely fly. He's gonna be worth his weight in gold. Also trying a new polarizing filter (Polar Pro) on the camera which I'm very pleased with. Music is 11th September, 1683 Soundtrack, Lena's Theme.

Reactions: mano

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe