Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flying out of town in Italy

Chih Wei

Join
Sep 11, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have read some of the Italian drone regulations and seems like there are very strict regulation on flying drones in Italy. I don't want to get into any trouble and wanted to confirm whether is it legal to fly drone over unpopulated area in Tuscany or Mountain site like Monte Baldo?

I have downloaded an android app called Airmap and those places looks ok to fly.

Thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome.

Sorry to be of no help, maybe some of our members from Italy will be able to help you.

If I remember well, basically, you cannot fly over people, restricted areas, near airports and you must remain below 70m.

I will try to find the quick sheet that was published by Italian authorities few years ago...

You are right, unfortunately. In my country UAV rules are very strict. Basically these are the most important as you can even see in a thread I just opened to help out.
  • It is FORBIDDEN to fly a drone in "critical" sceneries, such as in gardens where people has activities or generally inside an inhabitated center as a city.
  • It is POSSIBLE to fly a drone if its general weight, propellers guards included, is equal or lower than 300 grams.
  • It's FORBIDDEN to fly a drone in places where are people (for example during weddings or in the beach with people a drone should NEVER fly)
  • It is FORBIDDEN to fly a drone near military buildings
  • If there is an airport it is NOT allowed to make the drone fly within 5 kms of radius
  • The pilot is NOT allowed to fly a drone in night time and MUST always have visual contact with the quadcopter
  • The pilot without a license can fly its drone inside a "cilinder" of 70 m of height AGL and 200 m radius

Just today while I was in mountain to shot some pics I found that there are restricted areas (in my case it something like a national park). So in the DJI maps you could find some warnings. I tried while I was there to research a little but I found only that the off limits zone are 5 kms withing an airport, CTR zones and ATZ zones.

But if you are researching more precise infos I would be glad to help at my best.

You are right, unfortunately. In my country UAV rules are very strict. Basically these are the most important as you can even see in a thread I just opened to help out.
  • It is FORBIDDEN to fly a drone in "critical" sceneries, such as in gardens where people has activities or generally inside an inhabitated center as a city.
  • It is POSSIBLE to fly a drone if its general weight, propellers guards included, is equal or lower than 300 grams.
  • It's FORBIDDEN to fly a drone in places where are people (for example during weddings or in the beach with people a drone should NEVER fly)
  • It is FORBIDDEN to fly a drone near military buildings
  • If there is an airport it is NOT allowed to make the drone fly within 5 kms of radius
  • The pilot is NOT allowed to fly a drone in night time and MUST always have visual contact with the quadcopter
  • The pilot without a license can fly its drone inside a "cilinder" of 70 m of height AGL and 200 m radius

Just today while I was in mountain to shot some pics I found that there are restricted areas (in my case it something like a national park). So in the DJI maps you could find some warnings. I tried while I was there to research a little but I found only that the off limits zone are 5 kms withing an airport, CTR zones and ATZ zones.

But if you are researching more precise infos I would be glad to help at my best.

May I ask is that possible to fly a spark at Riomaggiore or Manarola sea side?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers