Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flying Spark from inside a vehicle

ArmyofMike

Join
Sep 6, 2019
I'm interested in flying the spark from inside my vehicle, while driving (not me) but piloting from the passenger seat. I'm assuming this can be done, but are there any tips/tricks or safety notes?

Thanks
M

It shouldn't be any different than flying from a boat, just remember to up date your home point on your GPS enabled device often in the Go4 app so the Spark won't fly back to it's original starting point if it wants to go home.

You're not supposed to fly over people or cars, but you can fly around all of the sides.

Make sure you're in a sparse area for safety reasons.

Might be a good idea to turn off any Bluetooth or WiFi on the vehicle if so equipped, unless you use an OTG cable, then you might not have to.

Keep the Spark in VLOS, and make sure your driver is not your VO while driving.;)

Stay safe, have fun.:)

I'm interested in flying the spark from inside my vehicle, while driving (not me) but piloting from the passenger seat. I'm assuming this can be done, but are there any tips/tricks or safety notes?

Thanks
M

Depending which country you live in, it may not be legal to do so. Best check.

Yup, illegal in Canada as of the date of this post.
In regards to Canada, the two regs that deal with RPA and moving vehicles would seem to indicate that it's legal to do so so long as you're not operating the vehicle at the same time as flying and of course you or a VO can maintain VLOS at all times.

Prohibition — Operation of Moving Vehicles, Vessels and Manned Aircraft
901.37 No pilot shall operate a remotely piloted aircraft while operating a moving vehicle, vessel or manned aircraft.

Visual Observers
901.20 (4) No visual observer shall perform visual observer duties while operating a moving vehicle, vessel or aircraft.

Am I totally missing something here? Spinning props and a moving ecosphere. What could go wrong? or are you using trace or profile and then making adjustments? I’m not following this somehow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe