Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Flying stability question

Martin Lines

Join
Aug 10, 2017
Loc
United Kingdom
When flying away or towards my I have noticed the Spark loses altitude (going away) and gains altitude (coming towards me) Ok, so I know that the "converging lines" of distance will give the illusion of this but even on the altimeter reading it is descending/ascending. I have to correct with a small level of up/down stick. Is this normal? This is at about 4 metres altitude.

When hovering it also seems to slowly descend, again needed a pulse of up stick to keep it positioned. Again this is about 4 metres altitude. If you then traverse an object on the ground it almost seems to gain height as it crosses the object, again is this normal.

Again in the hover, there seems to be an element of horizontal drift. This is in the same direction as the wind is blowing but I thought previously I had heard the props speed varying to hold position and today it wasn't. have I turned something off that I shouldn't have?? Again a tiny amount of stick would hold it in position.

as I say, i am a beginner so this may be operating exactly as expected but in my earlier flights I am sure it position held better,

I have noticed this drift also. I watched a few reviews on YouTube and they mention that the barometer is a bit weak on the Spark.
But, overall, for it's size and price, I am quite happy with it.
I use my Spark where I wouldn't dare send my Inspire 2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit