Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Frame rate?

Huntman2014

Join
Jul 26, 2019
Just wondering whats a good frame rate to use? I can go anywhere from 30fps to 120fps so just wondering whats best!

Depends on what quality you're after, the higher the frames the better the quality

Check this out for ease of explanation...

Most of the instructional videos and articles I've read say to use an ND filter that will allow you to use a shutter speed of 1/50 sec and a frame rate of 24..9... to get motion blurred. Since I've been doing that I can't say whether my videos look better. In the baseball video my first impression is the one on top looks better (no blurr) I guess my sensitivites need to mature before I can make good videos.

Most of the instructional videos and articles I've read say to use an ND filter that will allow you to use a shutter speed of 1/50 sec and a frame rate of 24..9... to get motion blurred. Since I've been doing that I can't say whether my videos look better. In the baseball video my first impression is the one on top looks better (no blurr) I guess my sensitivites need to mature before I can make good videos.
It's definately a game of trial and error, take the spark out and eat up a few batteries with various changes, nd filters, settings, exposure rates etc then have a look on a comp screen and see which works best for you. Time of day, sun levels and a plethora of other elemental forces will mean no two flights will ever be the same, but trial and error will get you prepared for most eventualities. Just enjoy it, some shots will look crap, and then you'll nail others, just keep it fun...

Reactions: RotorWash
I wonder why this question is arising in a Spark forum. The Spark has a fixed frame rate of 30fps.

I wonder why this question is arising in a Spark forum. The Spark has a fixed frame rate of 30fps.
True. Frame rate and shutter speed are not the same thing. Filters allow variation in shutter speed, but the frame rate cannot be changed as nilanjan pointed out.

Here's one to blow your mind then....was attempting to record some footage in Spain, when i got a message saying my sd card was too slow to record 4K video....since when did the spark record in 4K video??

It's definately a game of trial and error, take the spark out and eat up a few batteries with various changes, nd filters, settings, exposure rates etc then have a look on a comp screen and see which works best for you. Time of day, sun levels and a plethora of other elemental forces will mean no two flights will ever be the same, but trial and error will get you prepared for most eventualities. Just enjoy it, some shots will look crap, and then you'll nail others, just keep it fun...
Well said.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe