Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Frenchman Mountain Reveal FAIL - December 30, 2018

pmshop

Spark Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Join
Oct 6, 2017
Loc
Fredericksburg, Texas, USA
Web
www.youtube.com
Adventures abound.
Programmed a Litchi Mission to go through the Frenchman Mountain Trail.
Sent it up because after the 2nd waypoint was going to be a reveal of Las Vegas.
Apparently there is a Google Maps altitude error and the Spark could not clear the crest.
It was 1250ft above home at that point so the Spark altitude limit was not a factor.
So guess who had to go up and get it?
20181231_065251577_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
It appears the Spark survived as Ididn't see the camera view of it rolling down the hill.

Brilliant, what a great story, and so well documented. Must have been so disappointing, but I'm sure you will complete the mission at some stage, make sure you post it, can't wait to see that reveal. What a great testament to the build quality of Sparky!!

Yes it is.
There are more details spread about this flight & mishap on other forums
Frenchman Mountain Reveal FAIL - December 30, 2018
Official DJI Spark Owner's Thread - Page 574 - RC Groups
and past those posts

I am still not hurting yet as I was an extremely amateur hiker, out of shape and 52 years old.
Only thing that might have helped was the "Stadium walks" I used to do this past summer.
Walk around the high school track and up and down the stadium seating.
Did that from May through August reaching two-a-days at one point.
But like I said, used to do.
Haven't done the walk since September 1

Shazaaaamm! You should be in condition to run a 5K marathon by now. I assume that you used that zig zag trail to get to it. OK, I remember you mentioning the zig zag previously.

Reactions: pmshop
Heck, I'm tired just watching your journey.:p
Me too, I'm sweating just thinking about it. I would have had to pay someone to go after it or cut my losses.

YOW!! That makes my legs and back ache just looking at that picture. 25 years ago, no problem. I get worn out just after a day of shopping. :rolleyes: :D

But at least you retrieved your Spark. Its all good then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers