Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

FRUSTRATED Need more cell data to load map

Mr Dave NJ

Join
Jun 21, 2018
Loc
Northwest New Jersey
What is this thing showing up when I start my DJ that requires me to have more cell data? I use a brand new Iphone 6 plus and a controller. There is plenty of data on my phone. Now the map is there until I'm ready to fly then doesn't show landscape.. frustrating...

Last edited:
What does the exact message say?

It's probably just giving you a warning notification that when you are not connected to a WiFi network, you are going to use your cellular data to download the maps.

What does the last part of your post ("then doesn't show landscape.." ) mean?

What does the exact message say?

It's probably just giving you a warning notification that when you are not connected to a WiFi network, you are going to use your cellular data to download the maps.

What does the last part of your post ("then doesn't show landscape.." ) mean?
it shows the drone image but not the satellite or hybrid imaging that would give me my bearings... Basically the drone but no map of streets or landscape to follow.

Click OK, and accept the fact that you will be using your data service.
At least that's what I think it means.

With iOs devices you must cache the map area you plan to fly in advance while at home or other location with WiFi or use data streaming to your phone for live maps.

it shows the drone image but not the satellite or hybrid imaging that would give me my bearings... Basically the drone but no map of streets or landscape to follow.
Did you select the satellite view in the map (as opposed to the street map view)?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme