Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Future Fleets

Rendlesham UAP

Join
Mar 8, 2019
I currently own a P3 P4 and Sparky. I am waiting to see what the Mavic Mini looks like and comparing it to Mavic Air.

Don't anticipate ever selling any of mg existing drones however. What are people's views on the new Mini Mavic ???

Reactions: I B Spectre
Like everyone else, waiting to separate fact from rumor. The single band 5.8GHz is a departure from Spark's dual band capability, but may not be significant. The Mini operates at a lower voltage, will see how that impacts flight time. Foldability is nice and the unfolded Mini size compares to the Spark as being a little longer, a little wider, a little shorter. Takeoff weight will be a factor, especially if it's less than 250 grams (.55 lbs), therefore not requiring registration. Improved camera will be attractive although 1080p is still the standard for things like YouTube. A 3-axis gimbal would be an upgrade as would more obstacle sensing directions. Expanded capabilities such as waypoints would be most welcome. Of course price and perceived band-for-the-buck rules the day. DJI has been pretty good at targeting price points vs features. The Mavic Air has been a very successful step up from Spark toward the more capable Mavics. It'll be interesting indeed.

I live in near constant wind... (or so the wife tells me! lol)... so it being so light, its not gonna suit me. I also dont want similar or slightly more flight time when I do upgrade to something, so that said, I will go MP2Z or 2P if and when I go. The Skydio is another factor, but its too light, and short flight time too. There is still the Evo to consider too. Hmmmm Mavic 3 is coming too...

I like the idea of the Mini, but its not for me. The other thing that worries me a little, as it falls below our current regulation requirements, I fear that morons will go and fly them near airports and blemish our already dented name so to speak.... Just sayin'

I currently have a Phantom 3 Standard (P3S) and a Spark. I fly both regularly all year round, and mostly use them to take photos with occasional videos. I too am waiting to see what the Mavic Mini will be like and whether or not it is worth the upgrade. I do know that my next drone will have to be portable and probably foldable like the current Mavics. It will probably replace my P3S so I would like it to have a 3 axis gimbal and at least 2.7K @ 60fps.

The Mavic 2 Pro is of interest to me because of the 20MP camera but the price is not! Here in Canada the price of the M2P is over $2000. That's a lot of cash to have flying around in increasingly more restrictive airspace. Both the transmission systems (WiFi) on my Spark and P3S are fine for me since I only fly in VLOS, so all the additional features of the M2P that I would be paying for would be useless for me.

I am hoping the Mavic Mini will be a balance of what the Spark offers and the Mavic Air at a reasonable price point. I love my Spark for its portability and ease of use and the excellent camera, but am sometimes limited by battery life. I love my P3S for its 3 axis gimbal that works perfectly in sub-zero temps, and its long battery life. I love both of them because they were at a reasonable price point (around CAN$500) when I bought them, so I am able to fly them without worrying as much about a crash and therefore can enjoy flying them more and can purchase additional accessories like batteries without significantly increasing the cost of ownership.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe