Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Ghost Town

Thanks for sharing, pretty neat. the info in the video was nice also... BTW you forgot your shoes, LOL

Reactions: Tentoes
Why were they abonadoned?

Mainly because of poor mining practices.

Many buildings in the town were undermined and in danger of collapse, including the school. Also, the water was contaminated with lead and a large percentage of the children had lead poisoning. The government offered a buyout and most people accepted it. Some in a less effected part of town stayed until an F4 tornado destroyed most of what remained and they left too. I find conflicting reports as to whether the chat is toxic. I didn't think to grab a sample and test it in a "Cody's Lab" type video.

Went out to an abandoned town about 70 miles away. There are actually 4 abandoned towns right there for the same reason.

That was very interesting tentoes. Great information. I will now google abandoned towns in my area and see if there are any to explore. Thanks for sharing. ?

Mainly because of poor mining practices.

Many buildings in the town were undermined and in danger of collapse, including the school. Also, the water was contaminated with lead and a large percentage of the children had lead poisoning. The government offered a buyout and most people accepted it. Some in a less effected part of town stayed until an F4 tornado destroyed most of what remained and they left too. I find conflicting reports as to whether the chat is toxic. I didn't think to grab a sample and test it in a "Cody's Lab" type video.

Thanks!

If memory serves me well (and it may not), I saw a documentary on this community or one with a near identical story. Too bad some industries take and don't restore. It can leave a toxic legacy rendering former communities uninhabitable.

Is that why your name is tentoes?
[emoji23][emoji23]

Not quite. Mom had no idea that I would be barefoot without specific need for shoes. See my web site and scroll to the bottom for an explanation.

Not quite. Mom had no idea that I would be barefoot without specific need for shoes. See my web site and scroll to the bottom for an explanation.
And now I know...thanks tentoes. it's a wonderful story to share..... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe