Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gimbal Calibration on Mac OS X

mpmelton07

Join
Apr 18, 2019
Loc
New England
Has anyone successfully calibrated their gimbal using Mac OS X?

I recently replaced my camera housing since the outer lens broke after a crash and now my camera is not level to the horizon. I have seen all the posts and YouTube videos that discuss the process using the github DJI Firmware Tools, but they are all running it using Windows. I have tried to replicate the procedure on my Mac, but with no luck. Figured I'd see if anyone had solved this issue before I cave in and send it back to DJI.

Has anyone successfully calibrated their gimbal using Mac OS X?

I recently replaced my camera housing since the outer lens broke after a crash and now my camera is not level to the horizon. I have seen all the posts and YouTube videos that discuss the process using the github DJI Firmware Tools, but they are all running it using Windows. I have tried to replicate the procedure on my Mac, but with no luck. Figured I'd see if anyone had solved this issue before I cave in and send it back to DJI.

You can download the DJI Assistant 2 software directly from DJI Support. There is a Mac version that includes gimbal calibration.

Also check to confirm that you haven't inadvertently switch to FPV Mode which would alert the orientation of the horizon and gimbal stabilization. That's been the culprit for a few members with similar issue.

I plugged it into DJI Assistant 2 last night, but I did not see a gimbal calibration option. From what I have read elsewhere, they don't seem to give this option to Spark users thru DJI Assistant 2. I am also pretty sure I am in Follow Mode, I remember seing that when going thru all the setting on the App. I could be complete wrong on both counts though and will double check later tonight.

Reactions: Andre Levite
To be clear, do you need to adjust the gimbal for proper horizon alignment? This is not calibration, but you may be able to make correction adjustments as per this procedure from the DJI forum:

"You can't calibrate but you can adjust the gimbal in roll and pitch. You tap the three dots in the upper right of DIJ Go 4, tap the second to bottom icon in the list (looks like camera with line over it), tap Adjust Gimbal, tap Pitch, tap left or right circular arc until you get where you want, and tap Complete. That might or might not work, depending on how far yours needs adjusting. I have used the roll correction to get the horizon level."

I hope it addresses your problem without having to send it. Let us know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leahandran