Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gimbal cover

SparkinItUp

Join
Sep 15, 2019
I bought a gimbal cover for my DJI spark and now I can’t remove it. Am I missing something? it’s the clip that attaches the unit to the gimbal that’s giving me the issue. The gimbal was part of a combo deal at the following link for the visual: Amazon.com: HeiyRC 3packs Accessories for DJI Spark,Gimbal Holder Camera Lens Cover Cap,Propeller Mount Bracket and Joystick Guard Protector: Toys & Games. I hate to ask such a simple question (so you would think), but I don’t want to damage my gimbal trying to take it off.

If you're referring to the part below, it just pulls straight off the front of the Spark. It should be easy to remove.

1568835290444.png

There is a single clip inside the cover that locks it in place that’s causing the issue. Believe me, it doesn’t pull straight off
Yep, that's the same gimbal lock I'm using. It definitely can only be removed by pulling it straight off.

Yep, that's the same gimbal lock I'm using. It definitely can only be removed by pulling it straight off.
Well, I finally got the gimbal guard off by forcing it, ugh...gimbal is still ok! That gimbal guard is Definitely Not going back on the Spark until I can file down that clip. I’m thinking there is too much of a lip on it that’s causing the problem. Thanks for the replies.

Mine broke off.
Now the cover falls off with gravity, but it still protects the gimbal while in the case.

I had the same cover I ended throwing the POS away. I ended up buying this cover and love it, it protects the front and bottom sensors and the gimbal it snaps on and will not fall off to remove it you pinch the sides and pull it off. well worth the money. you should put some kind of tape on it to remind you to take it off before powering up the aircraft.

6ISuDmk.jpg

TvJOe5U.jpg

Last edited:
I have the same problem with the cover.

I just slip it over before putting the Spark in its case but without clipping it on.

Mine broke off.
Now the cover falls off with gravity, but it still protects the gimbal while in the case.
I had the same cover I ended throwing the POS away. I ended up buying this cover and love it, it protects the front and bottom sensors and the gimbal it snaps on and will not fall off to remove it you pinch the sides and pull it off. well worth the money. you should put some kind of tape on it to remind you to take it off before powering up the aircraft.

6ISuDmk.jpg

TvJOe5U.jpg
I got one of my girls emery boards and filed that lip down and that did the trick, but I must say I like your cover. Can you tell if the cover you have doesn’t impede the gimbal? This pos cover I have is punching back on the gimbal itself that I didn’t notice before. I think I’ll take your advice and look into purchasing the cover pictured as long as it doesn’t push the gimbal in when attached or scratch the lense. Great post, thanks!

I have the same problem with the cover.

I just slip it over before putting the Spark in its case but without clipping it on.
Yeah, even though it was cheap it didn’t do the job to my liking....I guess you get what you pay for.

I bought a gimbal cover for my DJI spark and now I can’t remove it. Am I missing something? it’s the clip that attaches the unit to the gimbal that’s giving me the issue. The gimbal was part of a combo deal at the following link for the visual: Amazon.com: HeiyRC 3packs Accessories for DJI Spark,Gimbal Holder Camera Lens Cover Cap,Propeller Mount Bracket and Joystick Guard Protector: Toys & Games. I hate to ask such a simple question (so you would think), but I don’t want to damage my gimbal trying to take it off.
Not sure if they are all made by the same manufacturer or not but some seem better with the clip than others. One thing I found that helped to safely remove the guard is to place my forefinger on the top lip while holding the drone with one hand and with my other hand take my other forefinger and pull out and up from the bottom lip and it comes off gentle every time. If I tried to pull it straight off the clip holds it in place and won't release the guard. When I go to place it on the gimbal it presses in slightly on it but really only enough to hold it firmly. If you find it pressing in more than that then maybe want to try another one or different type as suggested by Highflyer.

Reactions: SparkinItUp
I got one of my girls emery boards and filed that lip down and that did the trick, but I must say I like your cover. Can you tell if the cover you have doesn’t impede the gimbal? This pos cover I have is punching back on the gimbal itself that I didn’t notice before. I think I’ll take your advice and look into purchasing the cover pictured as long as it doesn’t push the gimbal in when attached or scratch the lense. Great post, thanks!
I didn't have any problems with it pushing on the gimbal.

I didn't have any problems with it pushing on the gimbal.
Seems like we have different manufactures or an inconsistent product. I took Highflyer’s advise and bought the PgyTech’s gimbal guard. I just didn’t like the way it pushed in on the gimbal. I’ve heard some others had issues with it scratching the lense, mine didn’t do that, but I’m done with it. I’ll have my PgyTech cover next Friday.

Reactions: RotorWash
I have the same one and it can be reluctant to release. Try pulling forward on one corner rather than evenly straight ahead. I found I can usually get mine to release more easily.

I had that exact one for a few months before the clip just broke off and it wouldn't stay on anymore.. Got one of these friction fit ones and it works like a charm.

I had that exact one for a few months before the clip just broke off and it wouldn't stay on anymore.. Got one of these friction fit ones and it works like a charm.
Your post got me thinking, so I took a look at mine and it has the clip. I found that if I put a fingernail under the edge below the gimbal and press forward, it pops right off, which is better than my previous method of removal. This motion appears to make the clip let go of the part of the drone it engages.

Your post got me thinking, so I took a look at mine and it has the clip. I found that if I put a fingernail under the edge below the gimbal and press forward, it pops right off, which is better than my previous method of removal. This motion appears to make the clip let go of the part of the drone it engages.

That worx...but the clip eventually breaks off from stress rendering it pretty much useless. Keep it until it breaks and get something better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex