Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gimbal lubrication?

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Hi all. My Spark dumped itself in Severn Estuary mud last year (detached battery in flight) and after recovering it and 4 hours of painstaking cleaning she flew like a bird. There are still a few specks of mud behind the gimbal and although it has worked very well since I am getting some “Gimbal overload” warnings and the occasional non-response when panning up/down-it does free itself usually after I have brought her down. Would it be safe to very carefully fire some dry lube into the joints where the gimbal moves? Obviously take great care not to get any on the lens.

I think you would do better by taking apart the gimbal and cleaning it carefully of any dirt or grit. One grain of sand could bind things up, lube or no lube.

Ugh. Don’t think I am confident to do that but thanks for the thought.
Then take it to a cell phone repair place and have them do it. I would rather do that if it were mine than spray some powdered graphite or any other lube in the mechanism. It's not a truck ball joint, you can't just pop a grease gun on it and get everything lubed up so it doesn't squeak/and or catch fire from friction. Much more intricate stuff in the spark.

Or find somewhere that works on drones 3rd party, I know I found one close to me on craigslist while looking for my spark and saved it's contact info just in case I ever need it. Shouldn't cost too much to have them open it up and clean. Cheaper than $100+ or - from dji.

Or find somewhere that works on drones 3rd party, I know I found one close to me on craigslist while looking for my spark and saved it's contact info just in case I ever need it. Shouldn't cost too much to have them open it up and clean. Cheaper than $100+ or - from dji.
OK thanks for the advice. Will have a think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme