Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

gimbal overload UGGG

LadyAzure

Join
Feb 19, 2019
Hello there,

I put on the LED propellers and everything was good. Anyway, I now have a gimbal overload. Would the propellers have anything to do with that? My spark is acting crazy. I live at the beach but use landing gear for the sand and I blew it out with computer air stuff. I can't seem to get the propellers off to see it will go back to normal. THOUGHTS???

Hello there,

I put on the LED propellers and everything was good. Anyway, I now have a gimbal overload. Would the propellers have anything to do with that? My spark is acting crazy. I live at the beach but use landing gear for the sand and I blew it out with computer air stuff. I can't seem to get the propellers off to see it will go back to normal. THOUGHTS???

Compressed air is not recommended to clear sand (or water) from sensitive electronics because it tends to push debris further into delicate hardware. There are long gentle brushes from photography suppliers better suited for this purpose. Once you have forced granules of sand into the joints of the gimbal the friction will cause overload.

Normally I would not recommend rotating the gimbal by hand (with power off) but since you are already looking at a professional repair it's worth a try.

When at the beach landing gear is not protective because the prop wash during landing and take off will throw sand several feet into the air. The Spark can easily hand takeoff and land with just a little practice.

Once you learn the maneuver props are pretty easy to remove. You hold the motor stable with one hand and use the other to push down/twist/lift the prop. Plenty of YouTube videos if you need a visual demo. But I don't think props are related to your gimbal overload issue.

A common (but obvious) reason for gimbal issues is the weight of a camera filter or contact with the ground. That's the only time I've seen them first hand.

On a positive note -- the repair should be covered by DJI Care.

Last edited:
Compressed air is not recommended to clear sand (or water) from sensitive electronics because it tends to push debris further into delicate hardware. There are long gentle brushes from photography suppliers better suited for this purpose. Once you have forced granules of sand into the joints of the gimbal the friction will cause overload.

Normally I would not recommend rotating the gimbal by hand (with power off) but since you are already looking at a professional repair it's worth a try.

When at the beach landing gear is not protective because the prop wash during landing and take off will throw sand several feet into the air. The Spark can easily hand takeoff and land with just a little practice.

Once you learn the maneuver props are pretty easy to remove. You hold the motor stable with one hand and use the other to push down/twist/lift the prop. Plenty of YouTube videos if you need a visual demo. But I don't think props are related to your gimbal overload issue.

A common (but obvious) reason for gimbal issues is the weight of a camera filter or contact with the ground. That's the only time I've seen them first hand.

On a positive note -- the repair should be covered by DJI Care.
Thank you. I found a video of these guys that used super glue or some sort of glut to fix a gimbal that was hanging out! My only issue was they were from a different country and not closed caption. HOWEVER, they were hilarious and the darn thing worked like a charm .

My gimbal will be "normal" and then it move all the way up, and then switch back to overload. Trying a refresh of the firmware as well per DJI. Well, the care refresh I did buy, because I KNOW ME. HOWEVER, lol - I lost it in the ocean and bought a used one and didn't realize I had to register it straight away.But I am going to try. Ugg. But I AM HAVING A BLAST :)

Truth - I never even knew what a gimbal was until I bought this drone.

Reactions: Andre Levite

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast