Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gimbal pitch tracking?

Texas Gonzo

Join
Oct 4, 2017
Hey all, I was reading the Spark manual (again) trying to figure out one issue, and now have another. I stumbled onto a "gimbal pitch tracking" feature that's allegedly available, yet I've never seen the icon show up on my screen. Its listed as #11, on pages 41 and 42 of the user manual.

Its supposed to be between the normal [•••] settings and camera settings, and allows gimbal pitch to be adjusted by phone/tablet orientation. Again, I've never seen an icon in that position using my Samsung galaxy core prime, amp prime, or galaxy S4. For one, there isn't a lot of room with the small screen size, but it should be there according to the documentation. I'm just wondering if anyone else has actually seen this elusive function?

Its not like this is a big deal, but I'm one of those who expect to see everything I'm promised... it would actually be useful to me in certain situations, so here we are!

Thanks in advance!

PS: w'sup with the word GIMBAL being underlined here as being misspelled? Gimbals have been around for well over 50 years, one would think this word would be in the databases, especially one related to glorified flying cameras. Lol.

Hey all, I was reading the Spark manual (again) trying to figure out one issue, and now have another. I stumbled onto a "gimbal pitch tracking" feature that's allegedly available, yet I've never seen the icon show up on my screen. Its listed as #11, on pages 41 and 42 of the user manual.

Its supposed to be between the normal [•••] settings and camera settings, and allows gimbal pitch to be adjusted by phone/tablet orientation. Again, I've never seen an icon in that position using my Samsung galaxy core prime, amp prime, or galaxy S4. For one, there isn't a lot of room with the small screen size, but it should be there according to the documentation. I'm just wondering if anyone else has actually seen this elusive function?

Its not like this is a big deal, but I'm one of those who expect to see everything I'm promised... it would actually be useful to me in certain situations, so here we are!

Thanks in advance!

PS: w'sup with the word GIMBAL being underlined here as being misspelled? Gimbals have been around for well over 50 years, one would think this word would be in the databases, especially one related to glorified flying cameras. Lol.

Click here.

Yup, that first example is what I'm referring to. That icon simply isn't in my interface, so I dunno. Unless its something they just added to the latest version of GO4, it should be showing up. I'm still running the previous version, and will not upgrade since everything else is working. I learned long ago, don't fix something that isn't broken, and DJI really reinforces that attitude with me.

Thanks for the video link though! Gotta love the wisdom of the crowd... (the tv show as well).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex