Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Give us a little information, please.

Name of device? Model? Version of OS? Weather? Error messages? Erratic behavior? Recent modifications? Recent calibrations or updates?

Lots of folks had error messages that they ignored just prior to major problems. Very often the flight log confirms this to be the root cause before disaster strikes.

The more specific symptoms given -- the more accurate the diagnosis.

And even if you do not face any problem, learn how to upload and manage your flight records in Airdata so that you can promptly share the link for experts to take a look at when you run into any problem. A free account in Airdata lets you store 100 flights and anything above that remains in the archive till 6 months before expiring.

Last edited:
I think it would also be useful to know whether one was flying in a congested (i.e. urban/suburban) or rural area, along with the proximity to buildings, machinery, and other UAV (hobbyist or commercial) activity. Oh, and whether any Bluetooth accessories were connected to the mobile device ...

Reactions: PhantomFandom
All excellent suggestions. I think in general the rule of thumb is that the more information you can provide, the better it will be. Don't make it feel like we are pulling teeth to get more information. If you are posting just a one-liner with no details, you'll likely get less help. Remember that everyone who helps to answer questions and solve problems here, is doing it on their own time. Don't make it more difficult than it has to be.

I work in IT so I see it all the time. Sending me a request when you're having a problem with your computer is not at all helpful if all I get is "Having a problem with my compute". Likewise something like "Gimbal not working. Please help" tells us absolutely nothing about the issue.

Help us to help you!

Remember that everyone who helps to answer questions and solve problems here, is doing it on their own time. Don't make it more difficult than it has to be.

And a single post in the correct section of the Forum would be nice rather than multiple posts about the same thing.

It's easier to track the progress of the problem.?

Reactions: PhantomFandom
I can see a need for a new list coming. 12 things to do when posting a plea for help!
These are all great thoughts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme