Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Giving password to the dealer?

Maddog

Join
Jul 8, 2019
Hi all! A while ago, my DJI Spark malfunctioned and crashed into a tree. When I dropped it off at the dealer for repair, they wanted my username/password for my DJI account so they could see the flight logs.

I didn't want to discuss, I gave them what they wanted and after some weeks they gave me a new drone because it showed no pilot error.

I am however still wondering if this is common practice? That you have to give your login details? Don't they have access to the necessary data otherwise?

There shouldn’t be any confidential or sensitive information in your DJI account to worry about. But if you are concerned you could have offered to download the logs yourself and forward the info.

I would expect DJI to require direct access before honoring a warranty claim to prevent fraud. Sounds necessary from that standpoint.

If you want to worry about something just consider that all your flight logs are stored on DJI servers in China. And within the year all new drones may be required to share your flight logs with the FAA.

Privacy is dead. Can’t be undone given the technology in place and what is proposed.

Reactions: twickers14
I’m surprised they needed your login id and password. I would think they would have an authorization code they could use coupled with something like the drone serial number.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef