Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Glitch in recording when in movie mode

Johnny Hooper

Join
Feb 28, 2018
When I am in movie mode there is a glitch or hesitation periodically during filming... what can I do.. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest update... problem still occurs

When I am in movie mode there is a glitch or hesitation periodically during filming... what can I do.. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest update... problem still occurs

If you are referring the jumpy video in the live feed seen on your phone while actively flying and filming -- that is just a limitation of the wifi signal the Spark is sending back to the remote/phone. It's heavily compressed and there are dropped frames. The video stored on the SD card is smoother and higher resolution.

Just to be more accurate...

When are you seeing this video "glitch"?

Is it...
A. during live view on phone during flight (while filming)
B. viewing video stored on phone
C. viewing direct from SD card while inserted into computer
D. when viewing video originally from the SD card after it's been downloaded to computer

The answer is different for each.

AandB
If you are referring the jumpy video in the live feed seen on your phone while actively flying and filming -- that is just a limitation of the wifi signal the Spark is sending back to the remote/phone. It's heavily compressed and there are dropped frames. The video stored on the SD card is smoother and higher resolution.

Just to be more accurate...

When are you seeing this video "glitch"?

Is it...
A. during live view on phone during flight (while filming)
B. viewing video stored on phone
C. viewing direct from SD card while inserted into computer
D. when viewing video originally from the SD card after it's been downloaded to computer

The answer is different for each.
A and B

That's how the video looks during live filming. Nothing wrong with your Spark. The video is traveling hundreds of feet over wifi. The signal is compressed and often breaks up. And the stuff on the phone is just another low resolution copy of that same feed - just used to confirm that you got the shots. Not good enough for anything else but a quick share.

ALL THE HIGH QUALITY VIDEO FOOTAGE IS ON THE SD CARD

Its also a good idea once in a while to clear your video cache in your Go4 app. If it gets full it can get glitchy as it tries to overwrite the old info. Clearing it allows for less processing. But of course, the real deal is on the SD card.

Reactions: Johnny Hooper
That's how the video looks during live filming. Nothing wrong with your Spark. The video is traveling hundreds of feet over wifi. The signal is compressed and often breaks up. And the stuff on the phone is just another low resolution copy of that same feed - just used to confirm that you got the shots. Not good enough for anything else but a quick share.

ALL THE HIGH QUALITY VIDEO FOOTAGE IS ON THE SD CARD
Thank you I'll give that a go

I'm a newbie and not an expert, but I had the same problem until I started using an OTG cable between the phone and controller. I haven't had any video feed problems since.

Reactions: Johnny Hooper
I'm a newbie and not an expert, but I had the same problem until I started using an OTG cable between the phone and controller. I haven't had any video feed problems since.
I have been using an OTG cable there's a slight possibility that maybe the area that I've been flying ... although I don't think so

I have been using an OTG cable there's a slight possibility that maybe the area that I've been flying ... although I don't think so

The OTG has nothing to do with it. The video is traveling from Spark back to remote via wifi whether you use cable or not. You can decrease (but not eliminate) some glitches in signal by focusing the returning signal with a parabolic antenna booster.

Video quality will vary with location but the underlying limitation is the hardware and technology itself.

The bottom line is that no matter what you do the footage on the SD card will always be superior to the live feed or the cached video on the phone. No way around that

The OTG has nothing to do with it. The video is traveling from Spark back to remote via wifi whether you use cable or not. You can decrease (but not eliminate) some glitches in signal by focusing the returning signal with a parabolic antenna booster.

Video quality will vary with location but the underlying limitation is the hardware and technology itself.

The bottom line is that no matter what you do the footage on the SD card will always be superior to the live feed or the cached video on the phone. No way around that
Thanks I'll start using the raw footage off the SD card

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe