Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gloves that work with touchscreen

jefferson3

Join
Jan 5, 2018
Seeing as how the east coast just had a bomb cyclone and frigid temps to follow I was just curious what other people have found for gloves that work with the touchscreen while flying. I know you don't have to interact with the screen to actually fly if you have the remote, but sometimes you need to manually adjust the camera settings or something else and it is a pain to take your glove off.

I saw some gloves on Amazon but they seem to get mixed reviews in both warmth and functionality with smartphones. Then I saw these:

It looks like they just slide on over your finger regardless of what kind of glove you have. That would be nice since you could switch to different gloves.

So what do you guys do when it's cold?

Reactions: Yorkshire Skies
Ha, your comment in my introduction post is what inspired me to re-ask the question in a dedicated thread. Let me know how they end up working for you! My new year's resolution is to buy less random stuff on Amazon unless I REALLY need it. But I also don't want to freeze my hands off when it's 10° outside and I'm trying to fidget with the DJI Go app.

Ha, your comment in my introduction post is what inspired me to re-ask the question in a dedicated thread. Let me know how they end up working for you! My new year's resolution is to buy less random stuff on Amazon unless I REALLY need it. But I also don't want to freeze my hands off when it's 10° outside and I'm trying to fidget with the DJI Go app.
Yeah I should have made that same resolution...seems like I get an Amazon delivery every freaking day

Reactions: Highflyer
Maybe once they launch their drone delivery service we can help pilot the swarm and get a discount!

I've got alpaca gloves with the ends cut off the thumbs and index fingers. Quite cozy. As a bonus, they're perfect for winter steelhead fishing in our Ontario rivers

I always wondered if a super warm but fingerless glove worked well. And bonus points for the recommendation from up north!

I got these from Amazon: Cycling Gloves, Waterproof Touchscreen in Winter Outdoor Bike Gloves Adjustable Size- Black (Large) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQLNEO3?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
They aren't great for extreme cold but you probably shouldn't fly in extreme cold anyway. Works quite well on the touch screens.

Neat! I love that they are waterproof, but I guess you probably shouldn't fly in the rain either. Though I do have a Note 8 that is waterproof and this would help if I got caught in the rain on a bike ride or something. ;-)

So I near chopped my finger end off attempting a grab landing following some erratic behavior from Spark. Did you find any good gloves and do folks have any recommendations on safety gloves which work with touchscreens? I have seen some on Amazon, but wonder how good they are on then touchscreen.

Yeah I should have made that same resolution...seems like I get an Amazon delivery every freaking day
LOL, same here it's either stuff for one of my 4 drones or my RC planes, 3d printer, meat processing equipment/spices/smoker accessories.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmirOmerov