Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

GO 4 not seeing RC/Spark connection update. Solved.......Well, partially.

AlienDrone

Join
Nov 16, 2019
Greetings Fellow Pilots!

Those of you who have followed this thread know I have spent many hours researching and trying to solve this issue. After spending much of Friday, Saturday and Sunday working on the issue, which I thought I had solved, I contacted tech support while out in the field on Monday. Sunday, I had managed to get everything working and conducted a successful test flight, yet Monday the problem was back. Tech support was a disappointment. "Try updating the firmware" was about the most i could get out of these guys. I called twice. The last tech instructed me to send both the drone and control in for repair. The Good News is that I managed to get the bird back in the air. The Bad News is what I have to do to accomplish this.

This is how I do it.

1)Turn just the drone on.

2) Check for Wifi with drone.......none.

3) Hold the power button down for 9 seconds. A triple beep is heard. This resets the drones original name and password.

4) Check your wifi, you should see the drone. Select connect.

5) Power on the RC.

6) Press and hold the power button on the Spark for three seconds. A single beep is heard. This sets the drone to bind with the RC.

7) On the RC, press and hold the pause button, the Fn button and the programmable button below the camera shutter button on the right side all at the same time and hold. the connection light will change from red and start flashing green. After a few moments the light will change to solid green. you should be connected.

8) Connect your device to the RC with your OTG. The program should open and automatically see the Spark and prompt GO FLY.

Once you shut down the spark and RC this entire procedure must be repeated every time.

What a major pain in the rear, right? But this is the only solution I have been able to come up with so far. If any of you can tell me how to past this scenario I would be most grateful.

I don't understand why you need to repeat these steps each time. Once you have successfully completed step 5,6,7, you are done. The AC-RC are paired. Do not repeat steps 1-4. Just follow this sequence.

1. Turn on RC
2. Turn on AC
3. Wait for AC-RC to connect (red LED on the RC turns green)
4. Connect RC-phone with OTG cable
5. Launch the app. Press Go fly.

I don't understand why you need to repeat these steps each time. Once you have successfully completed step 5,6,7, you are done. The AC-RC are paired. Do not repeat steps 1-4. Just follow this sequence.

1. Turn on RC
2. Turn on AC
3. Wait for AC-RC to connect (red LED on the RC turns green)
4. Connect RC-phone with OTG cable
5. Launch the app. Press Go fly.
Yes, one would think so, but each time I turn off both the RC and Spark it's as though all memory is cleared. The Spark does not connect to the wifi as it should. The only way I can get it to connect is to hold the power button for 9 sec which resets the original ID and PW.

Yes, one would think so, but each time I turn off both the RC and Spark it's as though all memory is cleared. The Spark does not connect to the wifi as it should. The only way I can get it to connect is to hold the power button for 9 sec which resets the original ID and PW.

What WiFi are you trying to connect the Spark to?
You don't need to connect the phone to the Spark Wifi.
Just follow the steps I mentioned and everything will work.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
What WiFi are you trying to connect the Spark to?
You don't need to connect the phone to the Spark Wifi.
Just follow the steps I mentioned and everything will work.
Connecting the OTG cable eliminates the need to connect the controller to the Spark by Wi-Fi. You need the steps above to connect the Spark to the controller using Wi-Fi, no OTG cable

Connecting the OTG cable eliminates the need to connect the controller to the Spark by Wi-Fi. You need the steps above to connect the Spark to the controller using Wi-Fi, no OTG cable

Once again it is worth clarifying that you need to connect to RC WiFi and not Spark WiFi if you want to fly without OTG cable. Connection to Spark WiFi is required only if you want to use the phone as your controller.

The
Once again it is worth clarifying that you need to connect to RC WiFi and not Spark WiFi if you want to fly without OTG cable. Connection to Spark WiFi is required only if you want to use the phone as your controller.
Thanks to all of you for your efforts to resolve this. Yes, the steps listed above is the way I was using the RC/Spark Combo with the original Spark. Now with the replacement that procedure has failed to work. After resetting the drone and controller, I did finally get a green light on the control only to fine that GO 4 showed "disconnected". I went through the steps within GO 4 to connect the Spark, RC and phone as shown in the app. The app instructs me to scan the RC QR code. That always fails. The the app. instructs me to close GO 4 and connect the Spark to Wifi. In order for me to make that connection I have to go through the steps I listed at the beginning of this thread. Once all those steps are done I can fly, change batteries, etc. However, once I shut down the Spark, RC and App. I have to repeat the procedure to connect again.

Activating Spark by scanning the QR code has long been an exercise in frustration...it doesn't work. I don't know if this will help, but I'm wondering if having to go through your procedure could be due to not having gone through the activation process on the replacement drone. See if this helps:

Activating the Spark withou QR code scan

Good luck!

Activating Spark by scanning the QR code has long been an exercise in frustration...it doesn't work. I don't know if this will help, but I'm wondering if having to go through your procedure could be due to not having gone through the activation process on the replacement drone. See if this helps:

Activating the Spark withou QR code scan

Good luck!
Yes, I thought of that. So I did activate the new drone, but the problem was still there. I also tried renaming the new drone and changing the password. That did not work. So I did the 9 second three beep reset. This is supposed to reset the original ID and PW, right? Oddly, both showed up on my wifi at the same time. I chose the original thinking that was the better option. Since then I have not seen the new ID again. Useless information I guess, but maybe this will register something with someone. Thanks for your reply!

Reactions: I B Spectre

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit