Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Good comparison if you cannot decide between the Spark, Mini or Air 2

Thanks for sharing. I'll have a read...

Off-hand, the one thing that *might* prevent me from buying a Mavic Air 2 in the next few months is lack of 3rd party app compatibility (I guess they need to release their SDK?) Specifically, I really love using Litchi.

However, that brings up a question, as it stands right now, can you fly waypoint missions with the Mavic Air 2? Does anyone know?

Also MA2 and Mini use Fly app, not a good step forward at all.
Check Mavic Pilots forum for MA2 issues, they are not without them !

Not sure if it'll be as bad as the Mini uncommanded descent / prop issue, but there are little quirky things coming up with the MA2.
Hopefully firmware updates can fix most issues.

I would always wait now after new DJI drones are released, let others find the issues and wait till DJI either sort them out, or other fixes are found.
The Mini was released too soon without proper field testing, was hoping the with the MA2 they might have learned to slow it down and get it right . . . they might have done better, a short time will tell.

SDK might not solve a lot of the little things, goggles look like they might not be compatible (ever, or possible with a future update).
I think Iitchi is going to be ok, not sure how long.
You'd think they would give SDK to developers like this early, so things can be market ready.

If you want to find out anything about this, go to MavicPilots, clip on the MA2 section in the forum index, loads of people have them now and testing various things.

Last edited:
Reactions: basily
Got emailed the article below from dronephotographybible's mail list.

Decent comparison between the Mavic Air 2 and other DJI drones. Also compares with the Autel Evo 2.

DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone Comparison - Drone Photography Bible

Good to have all the info there is one place, it's obvious (an advertorial) they are helping promote the Air 2, I don't like these comparos when it's so obvious.
While it's a great aircraft on paper, wait for the dust to settle on the MA2, it's got issues to be sorted out.

How do you compare such different drones, so many variables in what people buy them for ?

Comparison of Spark, Mini, etc ?
Spark isn't shown in the review, and rightfully so, seeing it's not in production . . . plus it's from a different era (just a solid little performer that's very capable for many people).

Without a shadow of a doubt, if a pilot wants a great video / photo drone, the M2P leaves the others in its dust (or slipstream) when comparing results, value for $, and availability / backup.

Comparison of an Air 2 to an Evo II ? Not relevant at all in the price brackets.

Autel Evo II is a bit of a joke to compare though, most people in the World can't get their hands on one for the greatly higher cost anyway.
No production capability, no back up, no service, they don't even have solid pricing on their website any longer.

In general, DJI are masters of being able to produce what the World wants / demands, and can get it to market / back it up.

Reactions: basily

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef