Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Gps marker

Faithley

Join
Dec 20, 2017
Is there somehow a way that a person can place a GPS marker over a certain spot while flying to investigate the said spot at a later stage. The reason for asking is I'm using the spark for surveillance with the neighborhood Watch, if I see something wrong I would like to mark or dropp a pin on the current location on the map.

Just take picture or video of the incident.

If you take a photo, the GPS coordinates should be in the meta data of the photo file, but that would be where the Spark is at in the air, not what's on the ground that you are looking at. Probably close enough though.

I've done that before but not really helping much. the area I live in is surrounded by bush mostly The crooks strip stolen cars in the surrounding bush where there isn't any roads to help me know where i am, also the drone doesn't have enough power to last long enough to wait for the cops and locate them easily again. So I was thinking. I see this happining then just drop a pin on the map and show the cops where they are when they arrive

Reactions: nilanjan118
If you have the coordinates of the photo, as Spark317 suggested above, you can use them on Google maps.
Also, reviewing your flight via flight logs, you can locate the photo and of course the point of interest on the map.

If you take pictures along the way, you can upload your Flight log to Airdata.com and it will show you exactly where you took the photos on the map. I have attached a screenshot for your reference. Hope it helps.

キャプチャ.JPG

PS: You have a very interesting job at hand. Wish you good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav