Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

GPS signal after crash

Stathis_K.

Join
Jan 18, 2019
Loc
Greece
I was hunting a train the other day, in sport mode, through a vilage, and I missed a 30 meters tree that it was in my way... SpaRRky had a fall from 20 meters, probably not direct, it should bounce to few branches fisrt. I had a broken propeler, the 3D sensor cover is missing and I could not find it, but the real issue is that it seems that I have low GPS signal ever since. Before the crash I used to have 12 satelites strong signal. Now the best I get is 10, and most of the time is 6-8 satelites. It also goeas to visual and atti mode some times. I didnt fly ever since te crash, just connect and remain idle in open space, checking sensors. Any suggestions?

Did you take off the shell and directly inspect the GPS card?

That was a bad crash. And some serious damage.
Sounds like you need to send it in for proper repair.

You are wise to not take off with less than 10 satellites.
No I need to buy one the tool to take out the cover, the DJI service in Greece doesnt seem ...so proper, but I will have to visit them is problem remains. I also have not update software the last few months since I came from U.S. because they say it removes the option to cancel location change, wich would kill my range in europe.

Reactions: Andre Levite
No I need to buy one the tool to take out the cover, the DJI service in Greece doesnt seem ...so proper, but I will have to visit them is problem remains. I also have not update software the last few months since I came from U.S. because they say it removes the option to cancel location change, wich would kill my range in europe.

You need 1.5mm hex to remove shell. There are 6 tiny screws. Worth looking at GPS board before you send off for expensive fix

If you don't like DJI Repair your can search forum for ThunderDrone and see if he ships internationally

You need 1.5mm hex to remove shell. There are 6 tiny screws. Worth looking at GPS board before you send off for expensive fix

If you don't like DJI Repair your can search forum for ThunderDrone and see if he ships internationally
Thanks, I will buy one on monday and check it out!

Seems that it took a hard hit... Gps signal was ok, but it had strange attitude and I had a continius beeping on the controler without any warning message. Sensors were ok... anyway I opened it and seems this chip is cracked... Anyone knows what is it???20190525_194604~2.jpeg20190525_195123~2.jpeg

Reactions: Stathis_K.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers