Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Great experience in Chatham MA

SteveHall66

Join
Dec 23, 2017
I hear lots of stories about airports not being very friendly to drone pilots, so I wanted to share a positive experience.

I was on vacation with my family on Cape Cod in Chatham Massachusetts last week and wanted to put up my drone several times. There is a small municipal airport in town plus other park areas nearby so literally everywhere is within a restricted zone. The town has a nice web page all about drone use, so I stopped by the local airport and talked to the manager. I explained that I had a small drone that I would like to fly on occasion, that I understood the issues flying near an airport, and that I would always keep it under 150 feet since I would be so close. They were awesome about it - they said that would be perfectly fine and to just call before I put it up to let them know.

I called each day that I wanted to fly to tell them where I was and my plans: sometimes the airport personnel wanted my name and phone number, but usually they just said "thanks for calling and have a good time". Anyway, I wanted to share a very positive experience. Here are a few pictures.

Steve

Goose Pond Pano.jpgGoose Pond 2.jpgRidgevale Beach 2.jpgRidgevale Beach 3.jpgRidgevale Beach 5.jpg

Last edited:
Good to hear of a positive experience with an airport. And great pictures too!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers