Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Greetings from Tampa, Florida

PlznMySoul

Join
Oct 9, 2017
Hello All...

I am new to the drone scene having purchased my 1st drone (Spark) 4 weeks ago. I do a lot of adventure riding on my motorcycle and wanted to add another dimension to capturing my trips. The learning curve thus far has been EXCITING to say the least. I've been trolling this forum for a few weeks picking up tips as to the Do's, Don'ts and watch outs. Realizing they are like anything else. Push the limits and well... how lucky do you feel (LOL)? The Spark seems to check all the boxes with everything I want to accomplish. I'm sure as time goes on and if I choose to look behind the "Curtain" seeking more with using a drone, my wallet will start getting lighter. I have a feeling this can become addictive with wanting more and more. I'm glad the SPARK was introduced. IMHO......this appears to be the best "Intro" step for me that I can use for a long time.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben Chapman
Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

Welcome! You are 100% correct about this being addictive and the Spark is a great fit for your motorcycle. Where does your next adventure take you?

I'm HOPING to ride to BIG BEND, TX in December with the wife if things line up. Next year I will ride one of the Back Discovery Routes (BDR) either New Mexico, Arizona or Colorado. I missed a grand opportunity last year riding to Alaska. That's actually where I was introduced to the drone by a fellow rider I met along the way. He had the DJI Phantom. Not what I considered "Bike friendly" drone in regards to size but that raised my awareness.

Hey PlznMySoul, I'm staying in Clearwater Beach in November. Any tips for flying in/around Tampa?

Bing.. I'm a newbie to the drone scene and still learning the FLY ZONE friendly areas myself. However, here are a few areas that I plan to explore. You have plenty areas in CW area. Suggest you take a drive South along GULF DRIVE towards Indian rocks...(St. Pete Beach area). The Don Cesar Hotel area will be interesting to see from a drone perspective.

Reactions: BingErr
Bing.. I'm a newbie to the drone scene and still learning the FLY ZONE friendly areas myself. However, here are a few areas that I plan to explore. You have plenty areas in CW area. Suggest you take a drive South along GULF DRIVE towards Indian rocks...(St. Pete Beach area). The Don Cesar Hotel area will be interesting to see from a drone perspective.
Thanks for the info. I have another month to plan fly areas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit