Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Greetings from the MN Northwoods

Join
May 29, 2019
Hi, everyone!
This experience has been a slight whirlwind for me (first drone purchased and Part 107 completed within two weeks), but I made the decision to up my photography game, and aerial seemed a surefire way to do it.
I've been lurking for a short time, but have already gleaned A LOT of information on the features and limitations of the Spark. Can't wait to keep learning from everyone!

Home base is in Central Minnesota, where the forests are thick and the lakes are plentiful. :)

Photo is of the Cuyuna Mountain Bike Trails in Crosby, Minnesota.
DJI_0235_ed1 HDR1 LR IG.png

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: ProPhoto_56401
Welcome to the forum ProPhoto ?

Jeff from Minnesota :cool:

Love it. Sport has a wonderful knack of finding quirky things to help supporters get on top of their opponents. We have it here in the UK and most of the time it’s fun!

Hi, everyone!
This experience has been a slight whirlwind for me (first drone purchased and Part 107 completed within two weeks), but I made the decision to up my photography game, and aerial seemed a surefire way to do it.
I've been lurking for a short time, but have already gleaned A LOT of information on the features and limitations of the Spark. Can't wait to keep learning from everyone!

Home base is in Central Minnesota, where the forests are thick and the lakes are plentiful. :)

Photo is of the Cuyuna Mountain Bike Trails in Crosby, Minnesota.
View attachment 10239
Hi. I wondered if any HDR techniques were used to arrive at this great shot?

@JordanGrabe, you can find a list of commonly used free and paid Part 107 study resources here.

I'm just wondering since I have yet to get my 107, did you use any of the training courses or just study on your own?
I tried studying on my own using the FAA study guide. But the reading is extremely dry (as one can probably imagine) so I signed up for a paid program instead. This way too, I figured I would be more motivated to get it completed if there was some "skin" in the game so to speak :cool:

I think one of the positive aspects of using a paid program is it looks like a lot of them will reimburse you if you take the test & don't pass. There are conditions of course but I didn't see anything too egregious.

Good luck with your studies whichever path you take!

Hi. I wondered if any HDR techniques were used to arrive at this great shot?

Hi!! I shot this bracketed (manual exposure), then *gently* merged to HDR- manually.

I've attached one of the low res cached original exposures!

Attachments

• screen_bfb1a5b3f3babf80_1558918424000.jpg
    screen_bfb1a5b3f3babf80_1558918424000.jpg
    460.1 KB · Views: 3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit