Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Havent flown in a while

Sturtzy

Join
Feb 5, 2019
I've not flown my Spark in over a year because the last time I did it went into Atti mode and I almost lost it. The batterys have been on the charger since then also. What steps need to be taken before I give it another whirl?
Thanks

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Sturtzy.

I've not flown my Spark in over a year because the last time I did it went into Atti mode and I almost lost it.

These things happen. :oops:

I've had some butt pucker moments with mine as well over the years, but I maintain VLOS and use colored strobes to help with the orientation when it happens and be able to remain calm to figure out what's going on.

The batterys have been on the charger since then also. What steps need to be taken before I give it another whirl?

Make sure the remote is fully charged as well.

Since it's been over a year, do you still have the device that you flew with that day?
The flight records may be available and could be evaluated by following the instructions here.

We could review the flight if you paste a link here for us to look at before trying again.

The Spark is probably ok to fly, just be sure everything checks out on preflight and take it low and slow.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Do make sure your drone has a good lock on GPS before taking off. I know I have ran into the ATTI mode, just by taking off too early.

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe