Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Having trouble with compass or spark not flying strait? Please read

SparkyNate

Join
Apr 28, 2018
I have owned my spark for over a year it was a replacement through DJI care,and since day one particularly in sports mode the craft will fly strait for 10-20 feet then wildly veer to the left, right stick pushed 100% forward and yet it will drift drastically,this has gotten worse as well,I should be honest when I received it I had no trouble it was only after I (with no prompting from the app) did a compass calibration. Also the red arrow on the little radar was always facing the wrong direction,left,right even backwards sometimes,almost never correct.
I have done many since to no avail,also imu calibrations,was always done in a field no metal no interference,
Until yesterday! I decided to do yet on other compass calibration but this time during the second step I had the spark facing down instead of on its side as per the app,well wouldn’t you know flew strait as a arrow! I was really happy as it was becoming really annoying to fly! And I love my little spark!
I have read a lot on this matter and the general consensus seems it doesn’t matter what way you do it as it makes no difference? But it solved the problem right away! Hopefully this will help others? And just as a side note as I stated before I did the calibration and caused all this,I would say in the future just leave it be! If it’s behaving correctly why risk a bad calibration weather it be compass or IMU? I have the original mavic pro and in over a year I have done no calibration besides the gimbal and it flys the same as day one! Absolutely perfect.

Reactions: Haggi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme